I migrated from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10.
- 2018-08-21 - SSL 3.0 is vulnerable to the POODLE attack, and a recent Windows 10 update had it disabled by default. See RFC 7568.
2018-08-09 - Windows timeline (
windows-tab) shows private browsing tabs.
devmgmt.mscfor the device manager.
services.mscfor the services.
Thoughts on the upgrade ∞
- A "free" upgrade. I wonder what happens to the license of a 7/8 user.
- Only good for as long as the device is supported. Which means for only as long as they want.
Requires a permanent internet connection. Must not disable Windows update.
During the upgrade:
- Holy fuck did it take a long time.
A lot of insulting "Oh this will be quick" .. "almost done" .. "go fuck yourself" text.
Thoughts on Windows 10 ∞
I can click the lower-left Windows icon, view "All apps" (whatever an "app" is..) and see a big list. Now, Microsoft, if I have n-1 programs installed, HOW THE FUCK DO I FIND ANYTHING? Scroll through n-1 entries?
Holographic crap ∞
I have not, and almost certainly won't ever, test this..
- Now I know why they bought Minecraft.
- More computing power than a laptop. Which means it will cost as much as one.
Half of the item-development shit won't be possible by everyday people. This all reminds me of EverQuest Landmark[doesn't exist].
Tricks and Tips ∞
- Using Windows 10 virtual desktops
Windows 10, two monitors with two different sessions (not possible)
Blurry unlock screen ∞
When asking for the password on the lock screen, the background picture is blurred.
This was added by default in a large update I received 2019-06-14.
The Fluent Design System now has the brush "acrylic" applied to the sign-in task.
I violently disagree with this so much that I turned off my lock screen picture.