A heavily-modified World of Warcraft which removes the concept of classes, allowing the player to pick-and-choose abilities to create their own unique character. Another server has a random selection+choice concept which is very fun.
Has various challenge modes and the ability to rework a character back to level one for a reward.
While lacking some bits and pieces of convenience, it's really quite good. Has some expensive pay-to-win. It's ultimately not good because it has bonus experience available to all the players so there's no actual authentic world, it's just a bunch of overpowered characters smashing through everything; fail. Or play it single-player if you'd like..
Specifically these expansions:
- Linux > https://ascension.gg/download/unix
- 2022-10-28 - Season 8
~2022-08-20 perhaps; no notes were taken.
Usage and troubleshooting ∞
LP (the silver coin) is kinda useless.
I don't know how to back-port addons.
Uses World of Warcraft 3 (WotLK) 3.3.5a addons. Releases between 2008-11-01 (WotLK) and 2010-12-01 (Cataclysm) are likely ideal.
Addon Notes ∞
- Addons will see all heroes as class
When debugging, don't forget
# Retail: # Version 184.108.40.20640 (Release) # Jun 24 2010 ## Interface: 30300 ## X-Date: TODAY
Addons to consider ∞
2022-10-28 - Season 8 ∞
These also apply to my earlier play.
It has new taming, but there are no elementals, demons, etc. for new users to tame.
- I managed to find a rather interesting demon fairly early on though, but I won't spoil what it is.
- Other people paying to win really makes it annoying.
- The convenience items are incredibly overpowered.
There are way too many items that drop. It's fucking annoying.
- Season 8 - This is exacerbated by the transmog system, where I have to check if I have a transmog before rolling on it.
- There is no Path of Exile - (2013 game)-style "ghetto league" where old characters from previous seasons can still be played in one combined league. This means everything I worked for is destroyed; why bother.
Last updated 2022-12-26 at 02:38:17