A somewhat open world semi-rpg action adventure game.
I can see the appeal from back in the day, but it's pretty awkward now. Figuring out a fuckload of mods is mandatory, and even though that community has been going very very strong for a long time it's fucking hard to do so.
2023-09-23 - 1.6.659.0.8 ∞
Checking the properties/details of
- Borderless Windowed just shows a strange squished box that I can't resize. See Enabling ultrawide
- It would be nice if I could press the numpad
enterinstead of the regular
- Wow, I can see why people hate the intro. It's so tedious. Replaying really would necessitate a mod to skip the whole chunk of intro.
- Tabbing out pauses the game but keeps the audio loops going.
Lol, as soon as I hop off the cart I see a bug with one NPC bouncing and sliding around another. Sigh.
- Holy fuck, how do I do anything? I don't understand the interface. I can't click anywhere, and cursor keys don't go between sections.
jfor the system menu. Why isn't it
`for the console.
- None of the keys work. I smashed around and accidentally got to the "Body" section but no keys go anywhere else.
- Oh, I have to click ABOVE the top options. Who the fuck invented this? Is this an ultrawide problem? Why wouldn't
- I can't figure out how to change my name.
- Oh, if I press
rit will then ask me to name myself. Fuck guys, learn to make a game.
I need a random name generator.
- Use the sheath weapon key to drop something. I had to look that up.
- I wish the inventory had a weight-value ratio that would help me judge what to drop.
- Is there a weapon swap hotkey? Maybe. I had to fumble around.
fwhen looking at something to add it into the favorites list.
qin game to open the favorites menu.
- If it's empty, why let me search it?
How do I remove a map's custom destination?
- Oh, click elsewhere and then you can remove it.
So not-stealing had me attacked. I don't understand.
- I get stunned and die. I respawn into combat.
- How do I use "Voice of the Emperor"?
- It took me a while to understand what "perks to increase" meant.. there was no obvious interaction to make.
- How do shields even work? Do they even work?
Oh, an infinitely-resurrecting enemy. Sigh; uninstall.
Mod notes ∞
- Install Vortex
- Go to "Collections"
- "Discovery more collections"
Visit Essential Bug Fixes & UI
- When installing it, Vortex will pop up. Choose to create a new profile.
- It says I have 1.6.659.0 vs 1.6.640.0 but I'm going to install it anyway.
Every so often it will bring up a popup. Click "Download" to be redirected to your web browser. Then click "Slow Download" in your web browser.
- - 2.2.3 (game version 1.6.659)
Mysticism - A Magic Overhaul - 2.3.2
- a complete overhaul of Skyrim’s magic system designed to balance existing spells and add powerful new magical effects to the game.
Legacy of the Dragonborn SSE - 5.6.5
- Legacy of the Dragonborn will forever change how you play Skyrim. Not just a display mod, not just a quest mod, not just a new guild mod, but a complete foundational flagship mod to build an entire load order around. This DLC expansion sized mod adds hundreds of new items, dozens of new quests and hundreds of extra hours of play.
- TODO - https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/30980
Forgotten Creatures - 2.4
- Vanilla-friendly retexture of various creatures in the base game and DLCs.
Bandit Lines Expansion - 1.08
- Tired of hearing the same bandit lines over and over again? This mod provides 500 new spliced lines to bandits, giving each bandit prototype their own personality and making each of your encounters with them more unique, personal and unexpected.
- TODO - has lots of requirements
- Greatly improves the quality of the World Map, including accurate hand-drawn roads. Choose between having All Roads, or just the Main Roads. Also includes the Solstheim map from the Dragonborn DLC. Installer support for NMM, MO, and Wrye Bash. Version 9.0
Vivid with Flat Roads-4929-9-0-1VF, and
Clear Map Skies-4929-9-0-1CMS
Skyrim HD - 2K Textures - 1.7
- The most downloaded high resolution texture mod for Skyrim.
Dynamic Animation Replacer
Dynamic Animation Replacer (DAR) - 1.1.3
- Requires ALSKSE SKSE64
Gesture Animation Remix (DAR) - 2.0.0
- Requires DAR, SKSE64
- Enderal: Forgotten Stories is a total conversion for TES V: Skyrim: a game modification that is set in its own world with its own landscape, lore and story. It offers an immersive open world, all for the player to explore, overhauled skill systems and gameplay mechanics and a dark, psychological storyline with believable characters.
- A DLC sized new lands mod that adds 20+ hours of fully voiced lore friendly (But not canon) quests, dungeons, and more.
- The highly anticipated version 2 of Sofia is out now. The infamous Sofia needs little introduction as she causes trouble across Skyrim. Experience Skyrim in a whole new way with professional quality voice acting by the talented Christine Slagman (finalCrystine).
- Apocalypse is the most popular Skyrim spell pack, adding 155 new spells that are unique, balanced, lore friendly, use high quality custom visuals and blend seamlessly into the vanilla magic system. Also includes scrolls and staves for the new spells.
- The #1 Weather & Lighting overhaul for Skyrim.
- More detailed trees and flora.
- Live Another Life provides an alternative means to start the game for those who do not wish to go through the lengthy intro sequence at Helgen.
- Immersive Weapons seeks to drastically enhance the variety of weapons in the world of Skyrim in a lore friendly way. The goal of every addition is to blend into the lore, balance and feel of the game for the most immersive experience possible.
- Immersive Armors seeks to drastically enhance the variety of armors in the world of Skyrim in a lore friendly way. The goal of every set is to blend into the lore, balance, and feel of the game for the most immersive experience possible.
- Script-free timed blocking, projectile parrying, stun and execution, and non-intrusive stamina management to push Skyrim's combat to modern standards.
- Play Skyrim in co-op with your friends or strangers, complete quests, fight, explore the world.
- New Female and Male Hairstyles for Humans, Elves and Orcs. Converted hair from Sims2 and Sims3.
VIGILANT - 1.7.2
- A Dark story for Vigilants of Stendarr. This mod includes a lot of unique armor sets, weapons, jewelry, creatures and more.
- Wyrmstooth adds a new quest that takes the Dragonborn to the island of Wyrmstooth situated north of Solitude across the Sea of Ghosts. Battle across new landscapes and through new dungeons in this expansion-sized mod. The task may seem simple enough: slay a dragon that's stirring up trouble. But things never quite go that easily...
Seasons of Skyrim SKSE - 1.8.0
- Ships with winter. I'd have to investigate other people using this.
- A major headache reducer for new item mods.
- SKSE plugin that can be used to add spells/perks/items/shouts/packages/outfits/keywords/factions to every NPC in the game, using config files.
- All the NordwarUA Armor Mods
- Cathedral 3D Plants
- Next-Gen Animals and Creatures
Usage and troubleshooting ∞
If the launcher shows, but the game doesn't start, then perhaps try going into the options, changing nothing therein, and clicking OK.
Enabling ultrawide ∞
- Launch the game
- Exit the game
%USERPROFILE%\Documents\My games\Skyrim Special Edition GOG\SkyrimPrefs.ini