A superfree distribution which I won't touch because it's based on Debian/Ubuntu and therefore has systemd.
Instructions on getting Lubuntu (desktop) working for the CubieTruck.
NOTE - These instructions will wipe your MicroSD card!
- A revision of http://docs.cubieboard.org/tutorials/ct1/installation/install_lubuntu_desktop_server_to_sd_card
I don't know if this version of Lubuntu, or whatever it turns into when updated, has systemd. I'm going to say no because 14.10 is so damned old.
A Linux system rescue disk.
A Linux distribution. A Linux system rescue disk.
- Note - If you just want to repair your boot loader, try boot-repair.
I'm sure an updated version will use systemd, as Gentoo now does.
Ångström was started by a small group of people who worked on the OpenEmbedded, OpenZaurus and OpenSimpad projects to unify their effort to make a stable and user-friendly distribution for embedded devices like handhelds, set top boxes and network-attached storage devices and more.
- Properly titled Ångström
- It's the default Linux distribution for the Pandora.
- It has/had support for the Zaurus SL-C1000, but I haven't tested it there.
A (the) Free/Libre version of Slackware.
- 2016-03-31 - They're using Slackware 14.1, so they're alive now. I'm not interested in checking them out though.
2015-05-15 - This was dormant/discontinued for some time and has only just starting to awaken. Nearly-non-existent community. Obviously needs love. "KISS" is for developers not users. Not enough magic.
- Has roots in the discontinued QiLinux project.
2015-05-11 - There is no documentation.
Rogue Class is a toy Linux distribution for playing games and reading books.
2015-05-11 - Just doesn't do it for me. Too simple, no liveUSB, (requires?) burning to a CD. I have no clue if it can use Slackware packages. I guess everything has to be compiled from scratch, which I don't want to do.
2015-05-11 - The community is as tiny as it is. Last released 2014-04-05. I guess I'd have to build all applications from source, which I don't want to do any more.