The "default browser" setting for Pale Moon does not work. This is how to do it manually.
Problem: On Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386-DVD,
avconv crashes while building a video from an image and audio. It worked until a recent update.
According to old notes,
6:11.9-1~deb8u1 worked. However, I do not know if a more recent version worked before I noticed this problem.
There are a lot of people who have been key, at least in hindsight, to my development.
I haven't really thought about populating this topic, but at a glance..
Canon CanoScan LiDE 120
Herein are notes of my misadventure.
An awkward dungeon management game, with walls you can't dig out, rooms you build but don't know how much of or what size, and an interface that could only be inspired by a 1980s DOS game.
Absolutely not recommended.
Inspired by Dungeon Keeper - (1997 game)
At best, my computer hangs when prompting for a password. I think this is related to the 4.4.14 kernel but have not confirmed this.
These instructions are a lot easier than they seem, and a smart and patient beginner will be able to follow them!
- These notes were made from instructions from Slackware "current", as of 2016-11-05, and have been tested on Slackware 14.2, and 14.2 32bit.
These notes were made on an everyday system with one hard drive which I completely formatted for this purpose.
- If you are a new user, it is strongly recommended that you remove all hard drive's your using and do this on a spare unused/empty drive.
Problem: A USB stick cannot boot with any of Porteus, the boot-repair LiveUSB, or SystemRescueCD. It used to be bootable with Porteus, and before that it could boot with other Linux LiveUSB distributions.
- "Resetting" a USB stick
- Booting multiple distributions from a USB stick
A tool for booting multiple distributions from a USB stick. Duh.
Very easy to use. Works under Windows. Does not work under Linux.
Various images from World of Warcraft 6.x (Warlords of Draenor)
This was a thoroughly-tested expansion.
.. or not.
Updated supermaryface with pictures that actually work. It appears that long filenames are silently failing.
- No, it wasn't long filenames. With some more checking, it appears that random files disappeared. I'm re-uploading them to see if that makes a difference.
- No, that made no difference, so I deleted all images and re-uploaded them from backups, confirming they have the correct permissions.
- Audited 3000+ images and restored some which were broken.
- Holy shit, other images are broken. Not just broken, but entirely missing. Missing from my backups too. This is fucking weird. I'm auditing this entire blog. I've already finished recent ones, and found a handful of things which are broken. I'll continue this process asap.
Wow, BadRam is cool.
- Linux kernel support for broken RAM modules.
- I had some old notes in Multimedia keyboard volume control, OSD without an OSD which I wanted to explore.
- In doing so, I split off some new pages for aumix, xosd and pvol[doesn't exist]. None of those did it for me, so I'll just use
alsamixer, which comes with Slackware 14.1
- Made /tag/audio-software and /tag/media software
- Apparently I had two articles on 3D printing, so I roughly-merged them.
So I decided to use some images for NumLockX, but instead of some mspaint-esque red circle, I wanted to make something a little nicer. Since I already learned GIMP transparent backgrounds, I wondered if I could create a greyed-image with an ungreyed-area. It turns out I can! Thus GIMP transparency masking was born.
- Did I mention I love documentation? I have? Well it bears repeating.
Fuck, EverQuest Next was cancelled!
- EverQuest Landmark[doesn't exist] continues to exist, but I have no interest in that unless there would be an actual MMO.
Continued improvements to items in /tag/linux-software+live+liked.
- Saying that makes me feel like the artists for Path of Exile. Their patch notes pretty much say their equivalent of Minecraft's "removed Herobrine" by saying "incremental improvements to graphics and sound". Which, unlike (at the time) Mojang, was actually true. Little touches at every opportunity, lots of love from Grinding Gear Games.
- Re-edited past one to state the fact that I last used that program on Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS. I'm not compelled to update the pages for non-live programs.