A while back, I experienced all manner of issues. Errors I saw were:
Interestingly, Linux didn't give a flying fuck and never even hiccuped once. This is why I initially thought I had an issue with Windows 8.1. Go Linux go.
I rebooted into some specialized memory testing to prove I had memory issues.
I was working on building an entirely new system and had started with a case and power supply replacement. Apparently I had damage to my earlier power supply, because all my issues magically went away.
I gave up on this, as I'm no longer playing/testing Wildstar.
Cannot visit https://login.wildstar-online.com/login to log into Wildstar using Pale Moon 25.7.2 (x64) on Windows 10, updated recently.
TODO - Screenshots. I would have to use some non-standard method. Windows 8.1 would allow me to take taskbar-only screenshots, but Windows 10 does not.
Windows 10 configuration >
I'm the very first person ever to want to be able to see the text on my applications in the taskbar.
This is an unsolved problem.
- RESULT - giving up. I have no idea what .mclt files are, how to customize them, how to make them, or where to get them.
Trying to figure this out took such a long time I needed to spin off a new page.
- AVOID - This software silently installs malware!
UPDATE: Commenters report this as the solution:
\sudo \apt-get install libcurl3:i386
The remainder of this page may also help. I have not tested this and have since abandoned this project.
BlogText custom CSS >
I wanted to make standard BlogText images thumbnails appear in a nice row. While possible, I haven't been able to figure out how to get captioned images to work the same way.
I could manually shape all of this by using raw HTML in my posts and wrapping things in span/div/whatever tags, but I wanted to keep wiki-able stuff.
TODO - add my notes, and scripts
ImageMagick is a software suite to create, edit, compose, or convert bitmap images.
It's pretty fucking magickal.
TODO - make a proper page
During my recent Linux distributions experimentation, I noticed a few times that Windows 8.1 would no longer "see" a particular USB stick I was using. It would appear within the device list, would test correctly but would not appear in the left-hand pane in explorer.
I learned that this was because one or more of the distributions I was testing would, for unfathomable reasons, prep the USB stick strangely.
Why Windows wouldn't just offer to format the stick is unknown to me.