A malware scanner.
- Their portable scanner is still just an installer.
It found an Wajam plugin from Magic Camera, presumably installed for either Internet Explorer or Edge.
- During scanning, it claims to have found infected files, but those files were neither reported at the end of its scan nor found in its quarantine. What gives?
One of those "PC problems" programs.
Whatever this is supposed to be, it's insultingly simplistic and opaque.
A defragmentation tool for individual files.
Note that defragmentation is irrelevant with an SSD, and even with a HDD, Windows will auto-defragment if you leave it alone for a bit. For windows 8 and Windows 10, my administrative settings are so aggressive that when I'm inactive for five minutes it pokes around to see what it can defragment.
- As of 2016-02-15 on Windows 10, 1.35.04 is in my toolkit.
I had tested v1.0.0rc1 on Windows 8.1 a while back, for Path of Exile.
Like a good Linux window manager, allSnap allows Windows' applications to snap to the main screen area or to one-another.
That is, when dragging or resizing a window, it will try to cling to a nearby window. This makes it easier and faster to adjust windows "just right".
- Works on 32 and 64-bit Windows.
- Run both the 32 bit and 64 bit versions to cover all applications.
As of 2016-02-11, it hasn't been updated since 2010-07. (source)
Leatrix Latency Fix will reduce your online gaming latency significantly by increasing the frequency of TCP acknowledgements sent to the game server. For the technically minded, this is a program which will modify TCPAckFrequency.
Both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows are supported.