Late 2008 review ∞
- So much prettier than youtube
- http://www.vimeo.com/upload/video - the nevigation on the left is hard to see.
- All the 'like' and similar features should be right next to the video. I shouldn't have to hunt for these items. .. oh, but it's embedded in the video on mouseover, nice.
- Cannot skip ahead in a video, it must be completely reloaded first.
Found some people and subscribed to them, but http://www.vimeo.com/inbox/subscriptions/ was just crazy. I had to go to http://www.vimeo.com/subscriptions/contacts and clean it up. But it didn't do anything. I learned that I was fucking friended with 'vimeo staff' for some reason.
It's completely insane. "My subscriptions" doesn't show MY SUBSCRIPTIONS. It shows ALL.
This is even more lame than the inbox default of all subscriptions.
Holy crap, I can't even set a default view to see my subscriptions.. every time I visit my inbox I have to re-select it. Not usable.
- No voting on videos?
- Is there a community? I don't see it.
- Can't flag comments as spam?
- No privacy settings to not share contacts
The portrait updating feature is a bit busted. I couldn't upload a higher-quality image and have it show as the default thumbnail. Multiple images started appearing in a gallery on my profile, even when only one profile image was seen and the others were deleted. Then the default image reappeared somehow.
http://www.vimeo.com/guide:imovie - video settings..