Random Notes ∞
- 'kommander' - Supports Ruby scripting for programming GUI apps.
- www.rubygarden.org/ruby?ComparingGuiToolkits/TakeTwo (dead, not archived)
- Sample Chapter from the book Ruby Developer's Guide. Reprinted by permission, Syngress Publishing © 2002.
www.itworld.com/AppDev/1243/UIR010209specialty/pfindex.html (dead, not archived)
Ancient notes ∞
- Last updated 2002-01-07. -- Not updated since 2002.
- See also gnewt, a Newt compatible gtk+ based library.
- KDE (Linux)
- The project has vanished.
- Alpha, not updated since 2004-05-14
- Abandoned. This project never made it to 1.0.
- Originally reported as dead, this project is rumored as being reborn. As of 2005-01, no recent mailing list activity has been seen.
- Inspired by the Rouge, in defiance of AWT and wxWindows, GUtopIa seeks to be the ultimate GUI for Ruby.
- https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gutopia-user (archives)
- https://lists.nongnu.org/mailman/listinfo/gutopia-dev (archives)
- A simple ruby interface to the Unix Dialog program. Easily add text boxes, menus, radio list, checkboxes .. A program that was written to expand Ncurses to provide standard forms (such as text input fields and file selector forms and such).
- 2003-04-23 (or thereabouts) dialogs 1.2 -- (was http://chronozon.artofdns.com/dialog/dialogs.rb)
- A Ruby bindings for Qt/Embedded toolkit. It's developed for Sharp Zaurus SL-A300. But it might be able to use for other Zaurus(SL-5000 series) or iPAQ Linux.
- 2003-01-13 - 0.4.2 (2004-12)
- Their main website says that 1.6.7 is supposedly here. (2004-12)
- The English site was vandalized. This project seems to have been left to die.
- Ruby WIdgetSEt: a GUI tookit with an easy-to-use API, flexible and extensible. Implemented in Ruby, with a binding to Xlib.
- Download instructions
- This guy is also a developer for Rogue.
- This project appears to be stillborn. No files released, last touched 2003-12-29 14:15. (2004-12)
- A Ruby language binding for the Mozilla's GTK Embedding Widget. If you use Ruby/GtkEmbedMoz, you'll be able to Embed Mozilla into Ruby/GTK applications. For example, browsers, etc...
- Project may be dying if not dead. 0.0.1 - 2001-12-07 15:21:54 GMT (2004-12)
- [ 1 ] was homepage2.nifty.com/TARAI/program/products/rbgtkembedmoz/ (Japanese-only, not archived)
- Project has no homepage, seems to be gone.
- MacOSX/Carbon support for Ruby The Carbon GUI library for Ruby allows you to create graphical Mac OS X a...
- Appears to be dead. pre/2 - 2001-10-04 23:35:10 GMT (2004-12)
- It's dead: http://blade.nagaokaut.ac.jp/cgi-bin/scat.rb/ruby/ruby-talk/15502
- Project appears to be dead. 0.9.2 - 2000-03-06 02:33:02 GMT (2004-12)
- This libarary has been merged to Ruby-GNOME/Ruby-GNOME2 Project.
- It's dead.
- Ruby/GtkGLArea: A GtkGLArea wrapper library for Ruby.
- Project appears to be dead: 0.9.0 - 2000-04-02 09:40:55 GMT (2004-12)
- GtkGLArea is for GTK+-1.2.x. For GTK+-2.x, Ruby/GtkGLExt has been supported by Ruby-GNOME2 Project.
homepage3.nifty.com/guion/ (not archived)
- RubyMgl: Extention Library to use PocketBSD GUI library "MGL".
- Japanese-only. The project seems to be very old and probably dead.
- Alph is a bridge between two language runtimes. Alph bridges the Ruby (v1.8) runtime with the Flash (v7) player/runtime.
- Whatever. They barely made a release and it's been quiet for forever. Their sub-standard wiki is being spammed to death. They're dead.
- Rouge is a high level GUI toolkit. It interprets a XUL-like XML GUI description language, as well as providing native Ruby API. Rouge is designed to be a front-end for multiple back-ends, allowing users to choose from a number of native GUI toolkit implementations to match their own tastes.
- 2003-02-07 - Rogue 0.0.3 Development Version Download
- FXRuby backend. Released under the Ruby license.
- Created as an alternative to the Ruby GUI. The classic "I don't like what's out there, so I had better do it myself" motivation.
- The continuing development status is not known. A mailing list was found, but no mailing list archive was found so activity cannot be judged too well.
- They had a very minor release with no activity since. It's assumed to be dead.
[ + ]
|1.||^||was homepage2.nifty.com/TARAI/program/products/rbgtkembedmoz/ (Japanese-only, not archived)|