Old and obsolete notes
Stupid little annoyances. Avoidable problems. Generally my fault.
===> zlib-1.1.4nb1 is not available for NetBSD-1.6.1-i386
The settings for zsh are different between
pkg_addoff of a downloaded file and
make installoff of
Less avoidable "problems" based on developer oversight.
The installer ∞
The installer could surely use work. I realise that this isn't a major focus of the project, and that there is no great call to succumb to the needs of "newbies", nevertheless this is an area where more effort would yield more fruit.
- yes/no prompts need y/n hotkeys.
- After the installation of packages, there is a useless "ok" prompt. This could benefit from UI-multitasking. This philosophy is to be discussed elsewhere, in time.
- Upon initial entry, the installer should mention "sysinst" to re-run it.
Be able to record the steps one takes for an install on a floppy for later automatic re-creation.
Network settings ∞
- Must be manually entered before installation. This is inobvious. No obvious way / helper is presented for doing the network settings after an install.
- The ability to write network settings to an installation via this installer, without going through installation itself, would be useful.
The network configuration entry in the installer should tell the user how to reconfigure network settings after logon.
- Is unwieldly.
Does not understand enough of a range of filesystem types.
Serious deficiencies I have not overcome.