This must have been way back when, at my old apartment. 2003-4 ish? (at 2313) The oldest edit kept says 2007-07-31.
From the tone of a few items, I guess I gave this to the landlords.
When I moved here, I was told that dogs were not allowed. This was one of the primary selling points of this place.
When I moved in, I learned that the landlords at the time had a dog. They're not here any more, but somehow more and more dogs are being allowed in every month. Now I'm surrounded.
- 212 - was very annoying, is quiet now.
- 214 - is silent.
- 307 - has been a constant annoyance, barking out on the balcony or echoing in their apartment.
- 309 - right above me has unclipped nails and tapdances on my ceiling and barks whenever it's excited. It's a constant annoyance.
310 - also has a dog which barked at me in the hallway right alongside its owner.
So that's dogs. Let's fill in the little blanks now: People
- 309 - Are these guys smokers? I had to block my kitchen vent because the smell would make me sick.
- 210 - is across from me and although the son stopped running down the hallway in his underwear, they do like to chat in the hallways.
208 - has nice loud kids that like to talk, shout and sing in the hallway. At length.
- Sunday July 30th 2007 had a good minute-long bit of a child shouting in the middle of the day, with no caring parent to help manage the noise. This I can deal with, but propping open the laundry door and making me sick from the fumes (all the way down the hall, yes) really sucks.
- 109 - right underneath me regularly wakes me up at 3:30 to 4am with the crying. During the day there is constant shouting, loudly running back and forth and the occasional shouting from their father. Great. There's even some kind of door-slamming competition that's been going on.
107 - These guys like to shout out on the balcony. Both them and 109 seem to like wandering outside in their bare feet. That's not a good idea if there is broken glass out there.
- Apparently they have a cat too, which they kicked out onto their balcony to meow for at least a half an hour straight Sun Aug 4th at around 6am. Also, 4:20am Tue Aug 7th the same thing happened. At first I thought this was 307 but it was running loose around 107's balcony. Maybe it just jumped down somehow?
505 has a lunatic. Saturday August 4th 1:30am he was yelling out from his balcony. It took me weeks to figure out what the heck was making this odd yawning and occasional shouting. He started yelling "Sue!", "Susan!" and "oh my god!" and "what did I do goddammit, what did I do?!" this night. Mon Aug 6th he started at his balcony and then when outside to the front of the building to continue with "please help" and such. He's some big fat guy with a cane. He's obviously disturbed. An apartment building isn't the right kind of home for him.
Across from me is one kid who loved to shout "Igor! Igor!" all the time. This seems to have stopped. Now they're riding their bikes out front and shouting as loud as they can. At least they seem to have stopped tearing up the garbage out back.
That's noise. Now for the rest.
There is some funky black mould in the air vents in my bathroom. It rained down onto my floor periodically until I tried to clean it out. I can't get the cover off to properly examine it. Feel free to have a look. I seem to have recovered from some health issues.
Be careful: Mould can give permanent allergies and can otherwise damage your health. I'd bet that whatever's living in there has had over 30 years to grow.
After hunting down and killing a couple of mice, I blocked the obvious entry points. There is some pipework under my sink which they can come through still, but they're not bothering me these days. They're trying to get in through the large bedroom now. The scratching and squeaking is annoying enough, but for a couple of nights the gnawing was so loud that it woke me up. I was wearing earplugs. (thanks to my downstairs neighbours)
Ok, it's an old apartment, but in the midst of a nice clear stream of water it runs brown. This is upsetting. I did get a good water filter some time ago, so I suppose I shouldn't mind.
Some other random notes ∞
Painting this apartment without using tape or a drop-sheet really lowered its value for me. Spots on the carpet and paint where there shouldn't be paint is not a good thing. It seems that all apartments are like this though.
There is water coming in from the shower head pipe in the bathroom. I pointed this out but was ignored. It's now doing damage to the ceiling and I'm sure that it's running down the back wall and into 109 somewhere. This is from the bathtub drain in 309 I believe. I can tell because of the warmth and smell, and also because there was recent renovation up there before the new people moved in.
The closet door came off. I noticed that several other people had their closet doors replaced. I couldn't be bothered at this point.
I still have the original lock and key, and I'll leave it and the old set for you.