In an attempt to maintain package consistency, package submitters are asked to adhere to the following guidelines:
1. Packages will preferably be built with the prefix of
/opt/QtPalmtop (i.e. When running configure scripts use
--prefix=/opt/QtPalmtop). This helps with relocating packages (installing to SD/CF) in the Package Manager GUI.
2. All binary executables in packages should be stripped with
strip --strip-all to trim the binary size.
3. All man and infoman pages should be removed from packages as the Cacko ROM does not use these files.
4. The package control file should contain the field
enabled if you can install the package to SD/CF cards or
disabled if you cannot.
5. The package control file should contain the field
Installed-Size: with the total installed package size in a human readable format. For example:
Installed-Size: 1.5MB This is best obtained by running
du -sh against your uncompressed package.
6. The package control file should list all dependency information in the
Depends: field. All dependencies (libraries, etc.) should be on the feed as well.
7. The package control field should have no underscore characters
_ or spaces in the
8. Package versioning should be in the format of SourceVersion-PackageVersion. For Example:
9. All Packages should be named in the format of Package_Version_Arch.ipk. For Example:
10. Any packages that include files that install under /home/zaurus should have a postinst script that executes
chown -R zaurus:qpe /home/zaurus to set proper ownership.
You might find these ipkg scripts helpful.
If your package does not meet this criteria we will attempt to bring it within these guidelines. If you have any questions please send stupkid or maslovsky a personal message via the ZUG forum.