Tested 2015-05-21 on Firefox 38.0.
- Launch Firefox, using the profile which has the bookmarks you want to import into Pale Moon.
- Control-Shift-O > Import and Backup > Export Bookmarks to HTML
- WARNING - It is extremely important that you wait. As of Firefox 38.0 there is no progress indication and no notice of completion. If you exit Firefox prematurely you will not finish exporting the bookmarks. What you thereafter import into Pale Moon will not be complete! You will have no warning whatsoever. Your best bet is to open a terminal, and constantly look at the bookmarks.html file you're creating to see when it stops increasing in size. Then wait some more.
On Pale Moon:
Import the bookmarks into the new profile.
- Control-Shift-O > Import and Backup > Import Bookmarks from HTML
View the bookmarks in the sidebar: Control-b
- Widen the sidebar.
- Confirm the bookmarks are there.
- Favicons should also have been imported, which is probably most of the sluggishness of the import process.
Move imported bookmarks from the import-created "Bookmarks Toolbar" into the actual browser's Bookmarks Toolbar.
- FIXME - Items I drag become objects under the mouse, preventing me from seeing where I'd like to drop them.
Delete any extra folders or bookmarks.