So I'm doing a random, levelling an unimportant alt, and lately I've decided to go DPS while I run around gathering. I figured it was good practice since I had already done the raiding thing on a resto shaman. I've had lots of fun. But there's one big problem. Blizzard anally raped the concept of assembling a team.
Let's go over some obvious stuff.
- DPS queue timers are unbelievably insultingly long. 30 minutes or longer, only to have one of the following things happen..
- Unable to make friends, cannot do the same thing with someone else later.
Cannot trade anything but conjured, rare and epic items.
- Whoops, I accidentally needed that, lawl.
Cannot roll need on "lesser" armor types (etc) when the group decides you should have it. If everyone rolled disenchant and you lost the greed, you're fucked.
- This will later be "fixed" through some mechanic in Cataclysm or earlier which will shaft people who wear other armor types. Why? So that more stuff will get sharded I presume.
- Assholes join and then do nothing. You can't kick them.
- Idiots join and are useless. You can't kick them. If it's a critical person you're fucked.
- Assholes join, possibly play for a while, pull to attempt a wipe and then leave in combat.
Vast VAST playerbase of fucktards to choose from. No native ability to rate or comment on people.
- I use Karma for this. It's doable in a few other AddOns, and perhaps I should blog about them one of these days.
- Unable to continue on with the same team (fixed in 3.3.3)
- Unable to whisper one another (fixed in 3.3.3)
Assholes disconnect and you can't kick them. Even if done at the end of the run it's horribly inconvenient. (fixed in 3.3.3)
There's probably all sorts of other stuff that's wrong.. but frankly I haven't cared enough to bitch, it's just so damned taxing being exposed to this fucking fail bandaid group mechanic.
Because of the long DPS wait times, fucktards - most notably death knoobs - will pretend to be a tank to get in faster. Yes oh yes, they do pretend. Sometimes it's fairly convincing.
But other times you get people like Falariirus who have absolutely no fucking clue whatsoever. This guy is quite literally level 13 - that's 55+13 levels of playing - and he acts like it. How does he pull? He walks up to stuff. They turn and run up to him. He waits a few moments and then starts auto-attacking. Yeah, really.
The group starts to DPS, which immediately pulls everything. Hell, the healer could hot him and before the facepull and aggro the whole pack immediately. Did he taunt? Not once ever. Did he do any sort of actual ability? Sometimes. Maybe a death and decay placed in the wrong spot.
I may be mixing stories here. Might be the same guy and might be another one.. who joined but had broken armour. Teleported out and took forever to get repairs, then realised that he was too poor to pay for it. Fucking down three gold.. and we sat around doing nothing waiting for him to farm the gold. I just teleported out and gathered a bit more. When he was done a good 20 minutes later. Well..
And so we put up with this shit for brains for a little bit, primarily because a few of us really knew what we were doing, but then I examined his armour.
- Plated Saronite Bracers
- Battlemaster's Breastplate
- Windtalker's Cloak - caster
- Jade Warrior Pauldrons
- Bladed Ebon Amulet
- Helm of Infinite Visions -- caster
- Defender's Gauntlets
Tenacious Defender (with no gems)
- At last check, this was replaced with Dreadhawk's Girdle (str/crit/sta) -- a fucking piece of MAIL
- Flintlocke's Piloting Pants -- his ONLY piece of defense gear
- Golden Cenarion Greaves -- caster
- Plague Band - caster
- Valanar's Signet Ring
- Insignia of the Scourge
- Soul Harvester's Charm
- Helboar Carving Blade
DK in fucking caster gear. One piece of defence gear.
Fuck you Blizzard for making a system that allows jokes like this. Wasting the time of four paying customers in a queue and then sticking us with that idiot. Inexcusable.