My notes say this was last modified early 2011, although it's possible I began these notes earlier.
Just some random notes I took for Minecraft.
Existing "precursor" teleporters in fixed places which need to be fueled with magic dust.
Height limit for certain kinds of structures. So something made of simple stone can only be 'x' high on certain kinds of ground.
Have trees / leaves collapse when the trunk is cut.
- faster movement [predicted!], higher jump
spells (like with Dungeon Keeper - (1997 game))
technology levels [predicted!]
sim city-style events
- dragon [well, that became the end boss]
certain "boss" monsters which are attracted to certain kinds of things - like wood (fences) or cultivation (gardening, flowers, etc) or structures (brick) and maybe eat them.
npcs - give them a certain area to wander around in. [predicted!]
- randomly wandering in?
gardener - transforms regular earth into grass, and plants
- add turn keys separate from the current "strafe" keys.
- add "exhaustion".. constant activity drains a bar. Rest briefly to bring it up, or rest between actions to have it always high. It's modifiable by skills.
- this absolutely needs a free to play version, even one which is feature-limited.
- jumping should make the 'huh' jump sound from quake. It may be freely usable since the game was open sourced, check the license. That particular sound is so appropriate for this game imo.
- make a consequence to behing hurt? Maybe moving/acting slower? [semi-predicted - when too hungry, you can't run]
nighttime / passing time is boring. Make time go faster when the player hasn't done anything for 10 seconds (and not in their inventory/crafting) [predicted - bed]