The more recent items are at the top.
- Attempted to get php running as a module. Nearly inconceivable problems abound.
- Ported my older notes into this page.
- Got php running. Sortof. It's not implementing what I want, namely apache support.
- Self-installed apps don't appear to play well with
pkgsrc-installed apps. Hrm. This is annoying.
- Beginning to play more with self-compiled apps. Baulking at how insane php appears to be. The entire
[php : apache]link is difficult to grasp letalone implement.
- New server software up.
- I've got everything I pretty much need now, except for my file manager. Sigh, I need to get it ported someday.
- Got Cooledit up and running, reconfigured and happy. Nice quick and useful editor, although it's a bit bright.
colorlsis your friend. Repeat it with me.
- managed to get Lopster up and running again. Got it from
pkgsrc.. the CVS install didn't feel like refreshing my files so I can share. Whatever.
- Figured out user and group creation. Thank you google for the faq-on-the-fly ability. =)
- Figured out how to switch shells.
- Got Zsh up and running. Dicked with some pkgsrc installation hiccups. Had to install from binaries then remove then install from pkgsrc to keep those cool configs around.
- Redo of the system from scratch. Did a simple backup and restore of key files. It went well, sortof. The previous pkgsrc extracted directory tree became useless, forcing me to delete and refresh that tree from the source archive. Stock IDE or general disk access drivers appear to be terrible.. deleting and then un-taring the pkgsrc archive took FOREVER. God fucking damn!
- Completely shafted my setup. xmms and lopster don't work right anymore, and the system has trouble distinguishing between installed and formerly installed packages, or more current updates vs older versions. Geeze.. this is messy.
- Got Sylpheed up and running. Straightforward to do, but time consuming having to rebuild dependancies to get the proper revision.
Ran into another stupid dependancy getting sylpheed running. Have to add myself a newer glib. Whee.
glib-1.2.10nb5 requires installed package pth-2.0.0
Of course, this was installed manually.. hrmph.
make reinstallon Sylpheed. It sees
checking pthread.h usability... no checking pthread.h presence... no checking for pthread.h... no
- Manually installed
- Unarchiving this beast takes forever. And I ran out of disk space on one partition. Bleh, I'm pausing it and cleaning up some useless parts as it goes along. I know I'll regret this.
- I guess crashing the xterm is it's way of saying it's done.
/dev/wd0f 35444704 35427796 -1783604 105% /mnt
- Running it, and... Holy shit! This is awesome! Auto-fetching dependancies from their various homes, auto-configuring, checking for known vulnerabilities. Whee..
- Nuked some unnecessary files so I don't run out of space during all of this. =)
Hrm.. learned that pth isn't available as 2.x, so I'll have to do that myself.
- Installed DOSEMU's vga font. Had to figure out a hiccup in the install script and then how to use the X font updating utility.
- Ported xterm startup commandline
- Ported settings
- Ported custom style. I need to hand-edit it to bring it up to openbox spec.
- Figured out package management. Nice. Dependancy awareness if something Slackware 8.1 lacked.
- Attempted to port
XF86Config, realised I can't because of differences in device. The mouse is accessed differently. Temporarily cut-and-pasted for now. Will have to revisit this.
- Figured out a mouse hiccup in X. Ok, devices are different here.
- Played with
XF86Config. Damn I hate it.
- Installation of NetBSD. Definitely not smooth, but straightforward enough to get right after a few tries.
Prepped a sandbox setup just for NetBSD's install.