The date of some of these notes is hazy, as I was just getting into proper version recording.
The Opera version history places 7.11 at 2003-05-09.
- Back in the day, there was the nontroppo unofficial Opera wiki
- 2010-01-02 - 10.10 on Unity Linux 64bit-beta1, updated 2009-12-28.
- (date not recorded) - 9.50 on Linux (distribution and version not recorded)
- (date not recorded) - 7.25 on Zaurus SL-C1000
- (date not recorded) - 9.0p2 on Linux (distribution not recorded)
(date not recorded) - 8.51 on Linux (distribution not recorded)
- With some notes from 10.10
(date unknown) - 7.11 on Linux (distribution and version not recorded)
Opera Unite ∞
- http://unite.opera.com/application/432/ - Gridnite - collaborative spreadsheet
http://unite.opera.com/application/331/ - Document Courier - people can upload to you
- example: http://metalsharing.tk/
2010-01-02 - 10.10 ∞
This was in the Unity Linux repository, and I fiddled with it after learning that it might be possible to change its accesskeys. I was wrong. I want to have simple
alt-key accesskeys like I'm able to hack into the configuration of Firefox. This isn't even remotely possible.
So I came back to it after a long while away. It's really fast and looks great all around.
- Accesskeys are still completely insane. While redefinable, they cannot be defined to just be
Trying to fiddle with hotkeys/shortcuts is still obnoxiously difficult.. I cannot apply and then test, I must 'ok' out of two dialogues and then test, then go all the way back in and re-apply my shortcut search.
(date not recorded) - 9.50 ∞
Opera/9.50 (X11; Linux i686; U; en)
Cannot save the login information for AMember 3.0.7PRO. =(
- I've seen this elsewhere, too.
- If it crashes, it'll forget your saved passwords, at least from that session.
- Hangs when pasting from Open Office / Writer into an RTE.
control-rightdo not work as expected. They should focus to the tab to the left or right.
(date not recorded) - 7.25 ∞
Version 7.25 Final, build 546 (20031203). Linux armv5tel, 2.4.20 2.3.2 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Qt embedded; Linux armv5tel; 640x480) Opera 8.25 [en] Qt/Embedded 2.3 / ARM
Wow! Very nice.
- Could use keyboard redefinition.
Tabs or a faster way to switch between windows.
http://www.opera.com/products/devices/technology/ Had a Qt/e and Qtopia edition.
(date not recorded) - 9.0p2 ∞
Version 9.00 Preview 2 Build 1635 Platform Linux System i686, 2.6.12-oci6.mdk-i586-up-1GB Qt library 3.3.5 Java No Java Runtime Environment installed
alt-tnow opens a new tab, and
alt-nopens a new window.
Most of the fonts are screwed up. Apparently the preferences from my 8.51 did not migrate.
- Minimum font size should be 11
- Menu fonts don't work right.. they display one way in the preferences dialogue but display another in real-life.
There is no "apply" feature for the preferences, which makes it annoying to check out fonts.
(date not recorded) - 8.51 ∞
There is no "apply" feature for the preferences. So I'm forced to
okand then try the new preference, then dig back into the options list to try something else.. over and over. Sigh.
- 2010-01-02 - Still no change 3.5 years later, as of 10.10
Accesskeys are insane. ∞
shift-escape <key> (a sticky key), which means you can
shift-escape and then let go and press the letter for your accesskey.
Can I have accesskey functions when used on buttons actually click the button and not just select it?
10.10 - Semi-redefineable, but not to
alt. Now this hotkey can be reassigned, but it doesn't seem to work as expected. If I reassign it to
alt it will still only sortof work. This is pathetic.
(date unknown) - 7.11 ∞
- http://www.economist.co.uk predictably crashes Opera.
- opera - moving a tab around with the mouse,
ctrl-tabdoesn't work as expected.
- the ads have nothing to do with what you "register" as.. it spys on your activities.
Ok, just why in the fuck would there be an ad for a free download for opera within opera. Someone's asleep at the wheel.
- Furthermore, just how in the hell is Opera "now 3 in 1". For a very long time there's been email integration, and pop-up-killing is barely a feature, letalone a point to advertise! Come on! Integrating easier black and whitelisting to kill ads, popups and ban websites would be nice.. but the pop up killing isn't even new, letalone uncommon.
Crashes quite frequently.
- Reproducible when playing with the stupid mouse menu. Clicking on the same word multiple times will kill it. I've pressed escape when the menu has come up to kill it.
- Create a checkbox for
Viewto allow the user to view mail older than the view -- older than one day, older than a week, etc.
- When creating a new view for
New Viewsuch that it can be overwritten by typing.
- Create a checkbox for
- Hotkey the
sfor save, etc.
- remember the window positioning and size of the
Be able to open new tabs and not hop to that page
default font size is way too small
- manually adjust
- is there no ability to quickly hop up to the location bar? Why have
F2pop up a separate window anyway?
- bookmarks are in alphabetical order. Sigh.
- unable to make more folders in the hotlist.. a new folder cannot be moved to be a member of the root of folders.
control-wand switch focus to the page on the right.
- live typeahead search
- cursoring down in an input box that spills off the bottom of the browser should move the focus to show the bottom of that textbox.
- when pasting, move the cursor to the bottom of the block of text.
- Opera is quite screwed when it comes to cutting and pasting, and text undo/redo.. it misplaces stuff.
- does not remember the last directory I saved a file to. I have to continuously manually browse to save every file, every time.
- opera will STILL occasionally LOAD an image instead of doing a save as.
- no hotkeys on dialogues (like save)
- the current window will display the name of the link which has been saved
- the transfer window options are not displayed within
- default mimetypes are busted - mpg are displayed inline
- Be able to
control-backspaceto kill words in a dialogue.
- opera does a destructive autocomplete in the file dialogue, if I delete the beginning of a file and prepend some text.
- focus changes when renaming a file in the the 'save as' dialogue
- be able to insert separaters in the custom bookmark toolbar.
bullets have too much space between them
- This is the font selection.
- be able to widen the search fields in the toolbar
insertto add a new folder to the bookmarks list.
- The reverse-video highlight on the selected item in the sidebar is too dark. One cannot see the text!
within an edit box:
- wrap should not happen with a quotation mark
pagedownshould change one page, but keep the cursor on the same line in the editbox view.
- Be able to "always border" on just picture links.
control-downin an edit box to hop paragraphs.
- Be able to turn off that stupid mouse helper application. Please. Eesh.
Be able to disable a plugin from the preferences list.