TODO - Make a proper page
TODO - Add my notes. They're in deep archives.
- Codenamed Akita
- This was replaced by my Pandora.
- This replaced my HP 200LX.
- See also /tag/zaurus-distributions. The Zaurus SL-C1000 comes an operating system that's unknown to me.
To get my Zaurus back in operating order, I did a lithium ion battery jumpstart.
- This has spectacular audio with Shure SE210 headphones.
vi has some configuration notes from the Zaurus (for vim).
- But for what version of the operating system / what distribution?
- ..I think the Qtopia one.
- 1 Information
- 2 Stuff
- 3 Getting into the maintenance menu
- 4 Getting into the Japanese other menu thing
- 5 Community
- 6 Hardware
- 7 Software
- 8 Distributions
- 9 Development info
- 10 Random Links
- CPU: 416 MHz Intel XScale PXA270
- RAM: 64 MB
Storage: 128 MB Flash ROM
- No HDD
Size: 124mm x 87mm by 25mm
- (4.9 inches wide, 3.4 inches tall, and 1.0 inch thick)
Weight: 278 g
- (9.8 ounces)
USB host port
- For keyboards, mice, USB sticks, etc.
Qtopia - I don't know how to format a card.
Getting into the maintenance menu ∞
Other key combinations and instructions exist out there, but this is the only one which worked for me.
- Remove the battery and AC cable.
- Press and hold
- While still holding
M, re-insert either the battery or AC cable.
Let go of
Getting into the Japanese other menu thing ∞
- Insert the battery
Slide the cover-lock to the "locked" position.
- You can leave the cover off if you want to.
- Plug the power cable in
- Hold "OK"
Press the power button
- Option one reboots.
Option two is a data check.
- Within that, option two is to run a fsck.
- Option three is unknown.
Option four is to flash a new ROM.
- Migrated to https://web.archive.org/web/20031008090840/http://www.zaurus.com/dev/board/
- Replaced by Zaurus.com's "Community" service
- community.zaurus.com, which is gone
- Needs MPlayer
- keyhelper (.jap) -- Can be used outside of the Zaurus.
ipk repositories and feeds ∞
- hluc's list of zaurus distributions which has descriptions and screenshots.
Abandoned but possibly useful ∞
- SL-C3X00 only!
Abandoned and useless ∞
QuantumSTEP -- I think the zaurus part of this project is dead.
Development info ∞