a stillborn project
A home is a terrible place for a tree. The heating is inconsistent, the lighting is poor and the humidity is terribly low.
low light ∞
- Kentia palm (Howea forsteriana) -- Very very slow growing. Good with lower light.
- Dracaena plants - Specifically shrubby dracaenas.
- Aspidistra (also known as a cast-iron plant)
Algoanema (Chinese evergreen)
medium light ∞
Raphis palm / lady palm
high light ∞
- Ficus tree--Also known as a weeping fig. Needs a lot of water.
Navel orange (Citrus sinensis) -- needs a lot of care
Out of the running ∞
- Renown for being difficult to grow and requiring high humidity.
- I got one and it was WONDERFUL. It flourished for a while and then mysteriously died. It acted like bamboo for a while, just staying green even though it was dead.