One of the reasons I went with MediaWiki was the promise of access control groups. However, it has proved to be a serious letdown. Such functionality does not and will not ever exist. Sad.
So in order to get this functionality, various sorts of hacks are needed. I have not yet experimented with any and so I won't talk about them. Some "official ways" were supposedly implemented, but I can't seem to get them to work..
Resources / Notes ∞
Dated or broken ∞
- 2008-05-12 -- August 2005
- 2008-05-12 -- August 2005, (1.4.7)
- 2008-05-12 -- Fails completely, with 1.11.1
- 2008-05-12 -- Updated Feb 2008, but still seems horribly broken.
- A patch against MediaWiki to apply all kinds of hacking to support hidden pages.
- It was created as a response to Bug 1924: Restricted read access for subset of wiki [ 1 ] was http://bugzilla.wikimedia.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1924