Batteries, which has notes particular to the battery used in the Convoy S12.
Brands and flashlights ∞
- Some people seem to be making fun of this flashlight, and warn of the dangers of their "customized" battery.
Convoy S12 ∞
Flashlight handwarmers ∞
Firstly, a good flashlight is already a hand warmer; they get fucking hot.
- By MountainParameters
Things to be aware of or think about ∞
- Get a flashlight with explicit under-voltage protection. The last thing you want to do is run down your batteries then have your flashlight damage them.
- Get a flashlight that can sense its heat and reduce its output, otherwise you can damage its batteries.
- Metal bodies are common, and they are heavy. A longer device can fit more batteries, so it'll last longer but it'll also be heavier from the extra length and battery weight.
- TODO - Type of pattern; like fuzzy or whatever
- TODO - thingy of light spectrum whatever like 2700k
- TODO - multiple LEDs or whatever. Does this matter for longevity?
- TODO - a focusing heady thingy
- TODO - reflector
- TODO - types of LEDs, like brand stuff..
- TODO - lumins
- TODO - Pill assembly
- To disassemble: There are two holes. You must insert something into both to unscrew it. The most specialized tool for this sort of assembly is called a "lens spanner wrench". Consider needle nose plyers (chain nose or round nose), circlip pliers, and maybe: calipers or divider, a scribing pencil, watch case opener, tweezers (there are needle-tip tweezers), two pens, two mechanical pencils. Some people grind other tools down until they fit.
- Disassembling is particularly useful for changing the clicky end with a colorful or glow-in-the-dark button.