Visit an image
- e.g. example.com/image.jpg
- Press control-s
- No "save as" dialog appears
- Right-click and select "save as"
No "save as" dialog appears
Restart in safe mode, and all problems are still seen.
From what I can tell, users of old versions of Firefox could just delete
download.rdf from their profile directory.
- Install SQLite Manager
- Restart your web browser if the addon installation asks you to.
- Visit about:support
- Next to "Profile Folder", click
"Copy" the location bar.
C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Moonchild Productions\Pale Moon\profiles\abcd1234.default
- Go back to your web browser
- In your browser's menu, pick Tools > SQLite Manager
- In SQLite Manager's menu, pick Connect > Database
- You're pasting the location of your profile folder, which you copied earlier.
- On the left, click and un-fold "Tables"
- On the left, click "prefs"
In the main window on the right, you will see entries which are not valid. For each, right-click and pick "delete"
- In my case, I had to delete the four bottom entries, because they used Linux-style directories. Perhaps the problem is the same for you, or you have UTF "fancy" characters.
- In the menu, click Database > Close Database
- Close the SQLite Manager window.
Restart your web browser.