TODO - I have this email archived as subject: "PSN-SOE-Canada Settlement" and I should post it up here for completeness.
I lot of people have been getting a "PSN-SOE-Canada Settlement" letter.
People are saying it's legit.
They're full of shit.
[edit: Yep, it was a hoax]
- According to The Supreme Court of Canada, case numbers are five digits. The supposed "CV-11 425487-00CP" from the settlement agreement is fake.
- According to The Supreme Court of Canada, there is no case filed under either Maksimovic or Sony.
- The claim form is to be sent to a motherfucking PO box. The Canadian Supreme Court is in Ottawa, not Toronto. (301 Wellington Street Ottawa, Ontario K1A 0J1)
- Sony doesn't have my email address. Who sent that email?
The claim form is undated and mostly-unsigned. Is that the proper document to even be listing? Why does it look like a fax?
Are people so used to shitty spelling and grammar in spam that something well crafted flies under their radar?
OH MA GAWD TEHR WEBSIET HAZ FRANGLAIS ITZ LEGIT!
Give me a proper link to a proper government website's actual docs, or shut the fuck up.
- Natasha Maksimovic may or may not exist. How can I learn from a more legitimate source?