There are high-end cameras which take a noise frame reference and automatically adjust pictures to despeckle or otherwise remove noise.
No photograph is worth sacrificing the welfare of the subject. -- Moose Peterson
4:3 aspect ratio
|Megapixels||Width x Height|
|3||2048 x 1536|
|4||2272 x 1704|
|5||2560 x 1920|
|6||2816 x 2112|
|10||3648 x 2736|
Some cameras misreport the number of megapixels one way or the other. Sometimes the camera has more megapixels, but will trim the border. For example, my Pentax OptioWP says it's 3.34 MP.
|3x optical||35-105mm equivalent|
Linux and Digital Cameras ∞
- Digital Camera Support for UN*X
- Processing RAW image files on Linux
- Decoding raw digital photos in Linux
- A utility to read and manipulate raw images from digital cameras. It can be used on its own or as a GIMP plug-in.
File formats ∞
- RAW image format
- Exchangeable image file format (Exif)
Digital Negative (DNG)
- Not an open standard
A camera which can save in an open RAW format:
- http://www.dansdata.com/quickshot001.htm - review of the teeny camera I got, which died.
- https://www.shortcourses.com/ -- Online books on using digital cameras.