An incredibly capable (and therefore very convoluted) image editor.
I use this:
- For converting .svg files to .jpg or .png
- (On Windows For editing .png files which have transparency, since
mspaint.execan't do that.
- For importing a page from a PDF, as an image.
- For transparent backgrounds
GNU Image Manipulation Program
- 2019-03-14 - 2.10.8 on Windows 10
- 2018-07-11 - 2.10.4 on Windows 10 via Chocolatey
- 2018-04-02 - 18.104.22.16871021 on Windows 10 via Chocolatey
- 2017-11-23 - 2.8.22 on Windows 10
- 2017-10-05 - 2.8.22 on Windows 10 via Chocolatey
- 2016-10-16 - 2.8.18 on Windows 10
- 2016-04-01 - 2.8.6 on Slackware 14.1
- 2016-02-16 - Windows/2.8.16 on Windows 10
- 2016-02-16 - Windows/2.8.14 on Windows 10
- 2016-03-26 - 2.8.10 Lubuntu 14.04.4 LTS
I've had it, and hated it, on earlier versions of Linux.
2015-05-16 - probably v2.8.14, on Windows 8 ∞
- The first time it is launched it will complete its installation. Its first launch will be slow because of this. Don't worry, GIMP isn't as terribad as it used to be.
Gimp's multiple windows IS FUCKING FUNDAMENTALLY WRONG. It's the main reason I've long-despised it.
- Windows > Single-Window Mode