Linux FTP Daemons ∞
See Web servers
- PureFTPd -- Based on troll-ftpd
- WU-FTPD -- Reportedly has a poor security history.
- BSDFTPD-SSL - secure FTP daemon for FreeBSD and Linux
- tnftpd -- was lukemftpd - No real homepage?
- ftpd-bsd -- < 0.3.2 has a remote exploitable hole. Their 0.3.3 is recent, is that fixed? This project may still be unmaintained.
- Troll-ftpd -- A small, simple server for the old and hairy File Transfer Protocol, designed to use less resources than older servers, be smaller, and to never execute any external program. It supports only the most-used features and commands of FTP, and leaves out everything which is deprecated, meaningless, or correlates with trouble.
- lukemftp -- No real homepage, was renamed to tnftpd
dftpd- distributed file transfer protocol daemon
- Won't Test -- Java, and I couldn't find its homepage anyway.
- Ginseng-ftpd -- port of BSD-ftpd to Linux with many custom features. This project appears to be dead.
- oftpd -- Has not been updated since mid-2001
publicfile -- httpd and ftpd. Toots its own horn a lot, but I can't find a reference to a changelog or a date of last release. Looking at the source, I see all files set to the end of 1999.