more coming later
- 2007-10-30 - 3.5.7 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2007-05-25 - 3.5.6 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2006-11-29 - 3.5.5 on (distribution not recorded)
- (date not recorded) - 3.5.3 on (distribution not recorded)
- (date unknown, earlier than 2006-04-04) - 3.5.2 on (distribution not recorded)
- (date not recorded) 3.2.2 on (distribution not recorded)
(date not recorded) - (version not recorded) on (distribution not recorded)
Upcoming 4.0 notes ∞
- accesskeys can be disabled in 4.0! It's not really what I want, but it's a start..
- session restore has been implemented in 4.0
unclose tab has been implemented!
2007-10-30 - 3.5.7 ∞
It STILL doesn't properly remember my passwords! THIS IS SO FUCKING FRUSTRATING!!!! .. it'll remember some but not others.
2007-05-25 - 3.5.6 ∞
alt-oto go to the location bar was changed to
alt-c!! argh! Wait, what the heck.. it's changing back-and-forth every so often. Grr..
- cannot use accesskeys when in an edit area. ARGH!
- It's really annoying that my find dialogue is empty for every tab. The same history should be available for all pages.
- if I have it store a password, and it crashes after three years [ 2 ] 2019-11-26 years? I don't know if this was a joke or not. of uptime, all of its stored passwords vanish. This is the same with a number of other settings/changes/preferences.
- For some reason, when I make a new tab and begin typing, it often hiccups and deletes what I was typing.. so I'd begin a new type and begin typing abcd and ab would get typed, nuked and cd would come out. Sad.
- The password fields don't auto-populate until the page 100% loads. Sigh.
- Holy shit, the undo and redo is limited!
- It's really terrible that I don't have proper hotkeys when right-clicking!
- should be able to
control-wand clear the last tab.
Needs proper undo/redo. Konqueror doesn't really do it properly at all!
2006-11-29 - 3.5.5 ∞
using KDE 3.5.5
- I am punished for editing.. I think it's the spelling/dictionary which is brutalizing resources .. this only seems to happen sometimes. I think it has to do with the spell checking, but I see no sensible way to turn that shit off.
- tabs don't display loading status, so you can't multitask - go to a different tab - and know when another tab is done loading its content. =/
tabstarts changing fields from the top of the page, not from where you're currently editing. Boo!
control-zis clumsy, and is half-implemented and annoying in so many cases..
control-won the last tab should blank it.
- Settings > Configure Konqueror > Web Behavior > Tabbed Browsing > Advanced Options > Open as tab in existing Konqueror when URL is called externally -- does not work with Skype. Perhaps the skype option shouldn't just be 'konqueror'
Settings > Configure Konqueror > Internet Shortcuts to change the shortcuts. They should be implemented within the bookmarking system like Firefox.
- Cannot rename an item after adding it.
- Settings > Configure Konqueror is a horror to look through. The style has to be updated. I need to be able to search through that massive list on the left. Make the icons smaller and move them to the left of the items. I want the list organized/sortable and searchable.
- The refusal to recognize multitasking is fucking annoying. Try
ctrl-fthen switch to another tab. Or try to look back at the page. Why is the popup like that? Why is it like that for other popups?
bug: search for files, then find one. Rename it. It'll get renamed and have its path appended to it in its filename. Fugly bug.
(date not recorded) - 3.5.3 ∞
using KDE 3.5.3
These notes could be for earlier versions..
Konqueror has done some updating, making it quite passibly functional!
- Adblock improvement
- I just discovered
middle-click-dragginga tab to move it. Yay. Sortof. But good god people, why not left-click-drag? I don't see an alternate if you don't have a middle mouse button.
Settings > Configure Konqueror > Internet Shortcuts
- Change the default to space-delimited for sane people. Strangely, this doesn't seem to be configurable on a per-URL basis.
- "Internet Shortcuts" should be a feature in the bookmarks like Firefox.
- Cannot edit the name of an internet shortcut after making it. It's greyed-out. Why?
bug: I make an internet shortcut, then check its checkmark to its left, and then click ok. But then when I go back in it's un-checked.
in PCLinuxOS I did:
apt-get install kdeutils-kwalletmanager
in order to get "kwalletmanager" which can let me manage my saved passwords.
I have no idea why Konqueror won't save the password for certain sites or how to change that setting.. maybe it's in kwalletmanager, but I'm asking for help on this.
Settings > Configure Extensions > Tools > Crashes Monitor -- is this a session saver?
(date unknown, earlier than 2006-04-04) - 3.5.2 ∞
using KDE 3.5.2
- I'm so used to
control-rightgoing to the end of the current word. Konqueror throws it to the beginning of the next word. Technically that's correct.. but it means a HELL of a lot of extra work to break through the confusion and go through the extra keystrokes to deal with this correctness.
- It should be
right-click-cto copy a link. How do I change these? Why aren't there preferences?
- The classic
control-lobliterates the text in the location bar.
alt-ovariously does or does not highlight the text in the location bar.
- Cannot copy the version information from the about dialogue.
Accesskeys are fucked. They require
<key>and don't respect website settings.
- Fonts are extra-small for Gmail.
There's no "clear private data" feature.
Ok, so it's not nearly as ugly as it used to be, but it's also not particularly functional. Boo.
(date not recorded) 3.2.2 ∞
alt-tabwhile the URL completion history in the location bar is dropped down.
- alt-o should hilite the location even if already editing it
- alt-d / other shortcuts
- streaking files listing when scrolling while searching for a file.
- when searching for a file, blank out the list of files _before_ beginning the search
- List "searching" and "no results found"
- the search screen destroys the view preference on alt-left, and it goes up a directory, not back to the pre-search directory.
increasing or decreasing the font size does not wrap properly.
(date not recorded) - (version not recorded) ∞
- search: in a separate window
- search: be able to move (drag & drop / rename)
- have drag and drop be automatic move, not that damned option
- search: be able to remove listed paths from filenames
- have a 'redo' as
control-shift-zlike other apps
- search: there are two occurrences that allow
- shift-cursor highliting is all mucked up
- reproducable fatal crash with
F2when not highliting things properly
- renaming a file to another, overwrite, have to
F5to show it sometimes
- if renaming an illegal filename, it does not recover to the old name
- when renaming files, it pops up a dialogue box and borks an attempt to quickly key around and rename things (removes focus etc etc)
be able to load the previous content on a frame-by-frame basis
Konqueror can be summed up as "fucking ugly". Nomatter how much functionality or fluidity of use there is, the fonts are too damned illegible.
- broken ugly fonts
- the hotkeys be reconfigured
ctrl-backspacewithin a text box to kill a word
- Fixed in 3.5.6 or earlier.
caching is too thorough.. editing a wiki page with konqueror involves manually refreshing the page. Since there is no logical
control-rhotkey, this is nontrivial.
- seems to be better in 3.5.6 or earlier.
- fullscreen mode isn't
clickon dead space, then
tabto the next link
backspacethat acts like alt <-`
- cannot type bare URL and
- can't handle .shtml?
- bookmark editor -
drag-and-dropsometimes copies instead of moves
- bookmark editor cannot 'find'
- clicking a link, a dotted box appears, it is generally misplaced
- should not redraw the screen on alt <-` until it hops to the proper spot (it's too slow redrawing the current way)
- bookmark editor - cannot
double-clicka folder to open it
- 'find' always starts at the top, not from where the 'cursor' is
shift-clickis supposed to open a link in a new window
- should be able to
tabto exit out of a typing input box on a web page. Are tabs even a legally displayable/transmittable character?
- screws up if I hop back several pages
- shouldn't have to hold
leftmouseto bring up the past/future page history,
- should have a
rightclickor a separate box like Internet Explorer
- be able to remove the borders of dead space around webpages
- be able to redefine colours, fonts etc with single-button clicks/keys like Opera
- evilemail.com - cannot type the first letter on a dropdown box
spacewill open up the security button instead of pagedown
- 'find files' should have a directory picker
- like Opera, middle button to scroll up/down
- increasing the font size doesn't recalculate the wrap
- bookmark editor - be able to import/export text/whatever
- can get stuck in pseudo-fullscreen mode
- I have to click on, and open, a dropdown box then type the first letter to hop
- it would be nice to be able to add bookmarks into the bookmark editor/konq
- bookmarks w/o loading konq
- if i right click/bring up a menu, there should be hotkeys so I don't have to use a mouse (list the keys in the menu)
- be able to have single-session cookies.. morons.
can't remove all toolbars, only minimize, which wastes an unnecessary
[ + ]
|2.||^||2019-11-26 years? I don't know if this was a joke or not.|