TODO: Re-check these, and convert this into a list that can be copied to the bottom of the Config.wtf.
This is the primary configuration file for World of Warcraft game settings.
Note that the publication date of this article is just the last date it was updated for the old website.
Old notes ∞
Speed enhancements ∞
- Lowres mode, toggle this until flowers etc are removed:
- Disable script profiling, which eats a lot of CPU power.. dunno if this does anything:
/console set scriptProfile 0
- Global Shader Control (0 disables all on screen effects, 1 enables them)
- Disable that nasty fog effect:
/console set ffx 0
- Renders effects on a rectangle based polygon (0 for Off, 1 for On)
- I've seen this described as "Enables Widescreen Framebuffer"
- Not sure what this does. It seems to make things smoother, but doesn't increase fps (or maybe decreases it)
- Second test: does nothing
/console ffxRectangle 1
- Force fixed function pixel and vertex processing
- This forces the pixel shares in the game to run on the 1.1 path. (1 for FF Shaders, 0 for Programable Shaders)
- I don't set this.
/console fixedfunction 1
- Disable shadows:
/console set shadowLOD 0
- Does nothing:
/console showshadow 0
- Grass and Flowers have a transparent border around their graphic, because basically they are all square images. The command "detailDoodadAlpha" allows us to adjust how much of this transparent border is culled. If you don't cull it enough, flowers behind other flowers are not drawn, but if you cull it too much flowers become very wirey. It's a real balancing act to get the foliage nice and bushy without going too far in either direction.
- Doesn't seem to do anything
/console detailDoodadAlpha 100
- No idea
/console groundeffectdensity 16
/console groundeffectdist 1
/console smallcull 1
/console skycloudlod 1
/console extshadowquality 0
/console environmentDetail 0.5
Limited use and personal preference ∞
- Bloom/Screen Glow and Underwater Wave effect (0 for Off, 1 for On)
/console ffxGlow 0
- Death World Screen Glow, Greyish Blue (0 for Off, 1 for On)
/console ffxDeath 0
- Mage Invis Spell Effect (0 for Off, 1 for On)
/console ffxNetherworld 0
- Borean Tundra or DK Starter Area Eye Haze (0 for Off, 1 for On)
/console ffxSpecial 0
- Probably obvious
/console showfootprints 0
/console showfootprintparticles 0
- Lighting on characters.
-- 1 will make them self-illuminate and not have them lit based on the actual light sources (like the sun)
/console characterAmbient 1