I have lots of offline notes I have to clean up and upload..
A MMO whose defining qualities are its maturity, user base and low system-requirements.
Recently focusing entirely on endgame, to the detriment of all earlier content. Instead of improving the game in measurable ways, its developers use desperate psychology to string along its user base. DO NOT PLAY unless you're already playing. Then DO NOT STOP.
Once anything comes along that's decent, haul ass and bring everyone with you. Consider, for example, Guild Wars 2 - (2012 game).
|Released||Level Cap||Expansion||Expansion posts|
|2018-08-14||120||World of Warcraft 8 (BfA)||(posts)|
|2016-08-30||110||World of Warcraft 7 (Legion)||(posts)|
|2014-11-01||100||World of Warcraft 6 (WoD)||(posts)|
|2012-09-01||90||World of Warcraft 5 (MoP)||(posts)|
|2010-12-01||85||World of Warcraft 4 (Cataclysm)||(posts)|
|2008-11-01||80||World of Warcraft 3 (WotLK)||(posts)|
|2007-01-01||70||World of Warcraft 2 (BC)||(posts)|
|2004-11-23||60||World of Warcraft 1 (Vanilla)||(posts)|
|2019-08-27||60||World of Warcraft Classic||(posts)|
- @BlizzardCS (Twitter) Customer Support
- Realm Status
- Service Status Forum
- Launcher News (raw text)
- Buy Game Time / Renew Subscription
- World of Warcraft performance improvements
- World of Warcraft classic content
- World of Warcraft troubleshooting
- World of Warcraft addons
- World of Warcraft addon notes
- World of Warcraft programming
- World of Warcraft technical notes
- World of Warcraft macro notes
- My World of Warcraft UI
Technical notes ∞
Is a quest complete?
/dump IsQuestFlaggedCompleted( 1234 )
- .. or
/script print( IsQuestFlaggedCompleted( 1234 ) )
- .. where the number is the quest number. e.g. 43533
Router / Firewall Ports ∞
|TCP Ports||UDP Ports|
|Battle.net app||80, 443, 1119||80, 443, 1119|
|Voice Chat||80, 443, 1119||3478-3479, 5060, 5062, 6250, 12000-64000|
|Downloader||1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112-6114||1119, 1120, 3724, 4000, 6112-6114|
|World of Warcraft||3724, 1119, 6012||3724, 1119, 6012|
Random stuff ∞
For a while, I had a unique model of blood elf hair. This was eventually patched, but it was nice to go around with something totally unique to me.
- For voice chat, I've used Ventrilo, Mumble, TeamSpeak and Discord. See /tag/voip-software+live.
- The Perfect Guild (for me)
- World of Warcraft Hardmode
- Pulling My Leg (or The Perfect Zone of Ultimate Safety and You)
2008-08-09 comment from Warhammer Online ∞
World of Warcraft has grown tedious. The character advancement is limited, and the gameplay is repetitive. There is no excitement with "respeccing" and raiding is tedious to organize and is an inconsistent experience.
They've completely butchered regular questing and solo-play. There is no real end-game fun to be had..
Everyone else is waiting around hesitantly for some other choice to come up. Warhammer Online might be it.
- In chat,
alt-upto view the previous message.
When replying to a whisper,
tabto switch person.
/console cameraDistanceMax 50 /script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 50)
- Continually talking/clicking on characters eventually delivers a funny line.
There are bits of jokes and pop culture references throughout.