A MMO whose defining qualities are its maturity, user base and low system-requirements.
Recently focusing entirely on endgame, to the detriment of all earlier content. Instead of improving the game in measurable ways, its developers use desperate psychology to string along its user base. DO NOT PLAY unless you're already playing. Then DO NOT STOP.
Once anything comes along that's decent, haul ass and bring everyone with you. Consider, for example, Guild Wars 2.
|Expansion||Release date||Posts applicable to this expansion|
|World of Warcraft 7 (Legion)||2016-08-30||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 6 (WoD)||2014-11-01||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 5 (MoP)||2012-09-01||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 4 (Cataclysm)||2010-12-01||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 3 (WotLK)||2008-11-01||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 2 (BC)||2007-01-01||(posts)|
|World of Warcraft 1 (Vanilla)||2004-11-23||(posts)|
- @BlizzardCS (Twitter) Customer Support
- Realm Status
- Service Status Forum
- Launcher News (raw text)
- Buy Game Time / Renew Subscription
- World of Warcraft addons
- World of Warcraft addon notes
- World of Warcraft programming
- World of Warcraft technical notes
- World of Warcraft macro notes
- My World of Warcraft UI
- World of Warcraft on Linux
- Publicize all knowledge. Especially config knowledge.
- Complete all todos.
- Process my pile of text files.
Scrapbook/WoW exists. It was kept separate and should be reviewed.
Random stuff ∞
For a while, I had a unique model of blood elf hair. This was eventually patched, but it was nice to go around with something totally unique to me.
- For voice chat, I used to use Ventrilo but currently use Mumble.
- The Perfect Guild (for me)
- World of Warcraft Hardmode
- Pulling My Leg (or The Perfect Zone of Ultimate Safety and You)
2008-08-09 comment from Warhammer Online ∞
World of Warcraft has grown tedious. The character advancement is limited, and the gameplay is repetitive. There is no excitement with "respeccing" and raiding is tedious to organize and is an inconsistent experience.
They've completely butchered regular questing and solo-play. There is no real end-game fun to be had..
Everyone else is waiting around hesitantly for some other choice to come up. Warhammer Online might be it.