This is specific to tabletop "pen-and-paper" roleplaying games
- A person who does this is called a roleplayer.
- Roleplaying is often called "gaming".
The game itself is called a roleplaying game.
- Issues in GMing
- Issues in roleplaying
- Roleplaying terminology
- Roleplaying game systems
- Roleplaying extras and resources
Random stuff ∞
Characters have to have an excuse to be together and stay together. Writers for sitcoms call this motivator the "cage".
- For example, the cage for the characters of Father Ted was the fact that they were all catholic priests and went where the church told them to go. They were all misfits, and presumably Craggy Island was a quiet backwater to stick such people.
Killing orcs is like washing a pig. Turn your back for a second, and the filth is back. -- Drow Proverb
Roleplaying comedy ∞
Google Directory on archive.org might still have good caches or valid links:
Article/topic ideas ∞
- Being heard
- Expressing your desires
- Character background
- The late night
- Planning your character's future
- The archive still works. Dungeons & Dragons-centric.
- Has/had a fantastic line of games, and not just tabletop roleplaying games.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20070509201937/http://crpp0001.uqtr.ca:80/w4/Gate.html -- Lots of stuff.