Section One ∞
How do I define an industry? - Job shadow?
Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI)
- Describes general personality type, relates to careers. Linked to career choices.
- Describes favoured abilities and self-recognized shortcomings.
General Aptitude Test Battery (GATB)
- Guages abilities, for comparison to those in live careers.
Canadian Work Preference Inventory (CWPI)
- Describes workplace preferences
Canadian Adult Achievement Test (CAAT)
- .. how is this useful?
- Possibly Raven's Progressive Matrices
- Eductive reasoning -- not useful
- Values - Self-assessment for desires in work
- To help one understand interests in relation to those who are employed in various fields. Useful in passing.
Participant Action Plan ∞
- Additional job titles (NOC), filter inappropriate choices
- Ask for alumni who are currently employed who would speak with me about employment / education experiences and the job market -> set up interviews
- Research career unions and associations for additional information on the job market, education requirements, etc...
Visit job websites or look into people hiring jobs I'd want, ask for info on what skills / education they look for.
Example Participant Action Plan ∞
National Occupation Classification (NOC) - Canada
- Human Resources Development Canada (HRDC)
This helps with:
- Aptitudes (GATB)
- Interest (CWPI)
- Data, People, Things (DPT)
- Physical Activities
- Environmental Conditions
Education / Training