A multimedia player.
- 2019-12-05 -- Is this project dead now?
- 2007-07-17 - 0.99.5 on (distribution not recorded)
- 2007-03-25 - 0.99.4 on (distribution not recorded)
~2006-02-06 - 0.99.3 on (distribution not recorded)
2007-07-17 - 0.99.5 ∞
If I make it sticky, then maximize and restore, it becomes un-sticky.
Has issues looping
.flv movies. It'll stick at the end and loop a bit of the video but no audio.
Favourite skin: Galaxy
- Access a DVD directly with Xine:
This solves all kinds of stupid issues. Also unmount it and make sure other media players aren't auto-launched and are trying to run the same movie. Ungh!
- How in the heck do I learn what version I'm using?
- Really terribly stupid UI, but I suppose they're trying to be OS-independent. =(
Broken default, edit
# deinterlace gui.deinterlace_by_default:1 # no splash screen gui.splash:0
You can do fullscreen like this, but I don't know how to exit the config file to make it a default. When doing this, it screws up my aspect ratio..
xine dvd:// -f
2007-03-25 - 0.99.4 ∞
Under KDE/Blackbox, if I remove the window borders (
control-alt-t), and then I press
f twice to fullscreen and un-fullscreen, the window border returns! BUT, if I use
b to do that, the borders are permanently gone. Strange.
~2006-02-06 - 0.99.3 ∞
- Hotkeys like
<space>don't work when focused on the control panel thingy.
Is there no hotkey for taking a snapshot?
- later: yes there is somewhere.. I keep taking one by mistake every so often.
- Is there no 'about' screen, when help files are not installed?
There is no rewind?!
- urr.. yeah there is..