A military treatise from Ancient China's late Spring and Autumn Period (770-476 B.C.).
Like The Prince - (1910 book), by Niccolò Machiavelli, people have interpreted this text for all manner of uses such as the business world.
This is a dual language (Chinese-English) hardcover edition which was translated in China itself, as opposed to being one of the various foreign-made translations.
- aka Sunzi: The Art of War
- This is a two-book hardcover which also has the related/later The Art of War - (~202 BC book), by Sun Bin
- Published 2000-01-01
- ISBN-10 7119024124
- ISBN-13 978-7119024127
Sunzi or Sun Zi, aka Sun Tzu ("Master Sun" - 孫子 · 孙子), full name Sun Wu (孫武).
- Historians came to call him "Wu Sunzi" (Master Sun of Wu).
- Understanding Sun Tzu's Book 'The Art of War' - (Documentary)
- Original translation of all 13 chapters, by the Sonshi Group
- If you are an intermediate at Chinese, then you are in for a treat, as the left has Standard Chinese and the right has English.
- Listen on LibriVox
This text has been on Gutenberg:
- The Book of War: The Military Classic of the Far East by Sunzi and Wu
- At one point I had
- p.9 - Preface to the Library of Chinese Classics
This is a "China is great" essay and can be safely skipped.
more notes to come, maybe.