The world learns that an old artifact is alien in origin, and set out to Venus to meet its creators.
Not terrible, but not my thing. I'm not a fan of old B-movies, and it being so old makes it impossible for me to judge it properly. I can summarize with: It has classic stiff acting and awkward writing.
- aka The Silent Star
- aka Planet of the Dead
aka Spaceship Venus Does Not Reply
- download from archive.org
One commenter reports there is an original widescreen version which isn't dubbed and has English subtitles.
- 1:15 -- 1985
- 1:45 -- June 1908, the Tunguska event
- 2:45 -- "Exploded in the air before landing".. is awkwardly said.
- 3:30 -- "Magnetic process". Wow, today's technology is entirely beyond their comprehension.
- 4:15 -- Albert Einstein
- 5:30 -- Was any of that meant to be intelligible?
- 7:45 -- Uh, was the station on the moon established after this discovery?
13:15 -- The dubbing is incredible.
- Also, she has a mustache.
- 34:00 -- I hope they won't be seen as an example of the weakness of humanity.
- 34:15 -- Can they drop a buoy? Maybe send the robot in an escape pod?
- 36:45 -- The contrast is such that that one guy is barely visible except for his excellent teeth.
- 53:30 -- Talk about a road trip.. I hope they all used the bathroom before going.
- 1:13:15 -- Wait, is that measuring gravity as G's? And it goes up to 20?
- 1:13:45 -- Can they land later, during one of the cycles, to fetch him?
1:18:30 -- Also the Venutians were trying to irradiate Earth.