On-device buttons, optical zoom, native H.264 hardware.
Garbage; do not buy this overpriced toy. It's only "good" because it comes with a stand, but newer webcams are coming out with the threading for mounting to a simple $20 stand.
- Comparison to other models
- IPEVO Blog: VZ-R
- VZ-R Camera security to be able to lock it to a surface.
- Amazon.ca Store: VZ-R
- It's nice to have buttons.
Does zooming in go digital after a while? It ends up looking like shit.
- There are circumstances where the image is inside-out, and I can see no feature in hardware or software to correct that.
Absolute trash under low light (everyday) conditions.
- While I can bump up the exposure, and it looks much better, it really does require good lighting. It's not appropriate for standard bedroom lighting, and I'd have to shine its LED light into my face, or have a lamp. Ultimately it would have a good picture because if its demand for proper lighting, but so would a regular webcam.
Trash as a webcam.
- Its color reproduction is average.
Fair as a document scanner compared to a lower-priced webcam.
- Comparable color reproduction, better close-range focus.
- Its microphone is usable, but is basically trash.
[ + ]