A free tabbed text editor.
- EditPad Lite (archive) (Free)
EditPad Lite (archive) (Linux)
Editplus has Ruby support done via third-party files:
- http://www.editplus.com/files/ruby.zip (2001-02-21) Ruby stx - Tomasz Machalski
http://www.editplus.com/files/ruby2.zip (2006-01-24) Ruby stx, acp - Jonghee Park
- 2007-02-22 - 5.4.6 on (distribution not recorded)
~2006-04-13 - Lite v5.1.0 on (distribution not recorded)
2007-02-22 - 5.4.6 ∞
Copy-and-paste into the application still has troubles. Presumably this is due to the magic of Tk. Try using shift-insert instead of control-v. Or, while in the application do control-c on some blank text, and then go to your other application, copy again and then paste into editpad. This problem also seems to exist in editpad pro.
autocutsel -selection PRIMARY -fork autocutsel -selection CLIPBOARD -fork
Cannot highlight and press delete or type to overwrite the selection. // There are issues with highlighting not stopping when I cursor. I don't understand why it's set up that way, but it gets stuck after I use it.
- Editor > Persistent selections (off)
I sometimes lose the cursor. =( I can get it back by going to help > about and then clicking 'thanks'.
~2006-04-13 - Lite v5.1.0 ∞
TODO - doublecheck that the pro version does not have this list of wanted features.
- Does not properly remember the directory I opened files in
- Cannot remove the toolbar
- Remembers the last files opened (insecure) - should be able to specify how many previous files are remembered (including 0)
- Be able to axe trailing / leading spaces/tabs
- Be able to save/edit .rtf files
- Does not remember the last "find" text
- Use control-page up/down just like control-tab/control-shit-tab to move between documents
- As per edit.exe, when pasting, don't move the cursor (or have an option to switch between that and the "standard" (gag) windows method.
- Should display the full filename and path instead of "editpad lite" at the top on the blue bar.
If another .txt file is referenced in an
http://tag, load it into editpad when it's clicked on. (easy to do if it's local, but I'd like to see it possible remotely as well). Hell, make a tag and replace gopher. =)