more coming later
This project was killed when I got a Dell 2405FPW.
- I could do TV output, but TVs can't do decent resolution.
- I could use a projector, but those aren't quite appropriate.
I want a widescreen display which can do widescreen aspect ratio.
Widescreen CRTs ∞
These are big and heavy, take up lots of space and put out lots of heat. Their lifespan may be suspect. Many seem to argue the quality difference between CRTs and LCDs is notible, with CRTs being a much more refined and high quality device.
- Traditionally, all Super IPS displays perform "faster" than their PVA or MVA counterparts - particularly on gray-to-gray transient times.
16ms refresh or lower, or DVD playback will ghost. This varies by technology though. Be careful, because manufacturers will lie about the numbers, and give various averages and such.
Regular LCDs ∞
I've had some nice LCD screens recommended to me. I haven't liked them in the past, but the technology has much-improved!
This info is old
- Samsung 900NF
- Sony G420
- Viewsonic P95
- NEC Multisync FP955
- Iiyama Vision Master Pro 454 19"
- Sony G520 21"
Samsung 1200NF 21"
Widescreen LCDs ∞
I got a Dell 2405FPW
get an aspect ratio as close to 16:9 or 1.78:1
HD Widescreen LCDs ∞
- 1900x1200 for high definition.
1900x1200 native resolution is the actual pixels.
lumenlab [ 1 ] archive had a cheap and high-quality projector.
- The picture of her shirt has some fun scanlines.
[ + ]