This is currently particular to IBM PC-compatible computers. e.g. what everyday people have been incorrectly calling a "Windows PC".
Platform / Computer / Hardware > Operating System > Operating environment > Software > Projects (or whatever)
Phones are a major platform.
- Operating Systems
- Quiet computing
- Comedy > Computer comedy
- Rick Moen ... INOLJ-OOW2.0C (Is Not On LiveJournal Or Other Web 2.0 Cults)
- Peer-reviewed journal on the internet
- The Hacker Quarterly
O'Reilly Network -- Developers' Hub
- Web development, open source[doesn't exist] development, open and emerging technologies
The Academic Computing and Communications Centre newsletter
- Has some interesting computer-related stuff to read. Seems to have been halted in 2004.
Tweaking Links ∞
- AMD Athlon XP Unlocking Guide
- BIOS Tweaking Guide
Ars Technica How-To's and Tweaks [ 1 ] was http://arstechnica.com/tweak/index.html
- FOLDOC is a computing dictionary. It includes definitions of acronyms, jargon, programming languages, tools, architecture, operating systems, networking, theory, standards, mathematics, telecoms, electronics, institutions and companies, projects, history, in fact any of the vocabulary you might expect to find in a computer dictionary.
- Power supply calculator
- https://hardforum.com/ [ 2 ] was http://www.hardocp.com/
- A hardware database of devices for a fully free operating system.
- Microkernels are minimal but highly flexible kernels. Both conventional and non-classical operating systems can be built on top or adapted to run on top of them. Microkernel-based architectures should particularly support extensibility and customizability, robustness including reliability and fault tolerance, protection and security. After disastrous results in the early 90's, the microkernel approach now seems to be promising, although it still bears a lot of research risks.
- The L4Ka research project aims at substantiating and establishing a new methodology for system construction that helps to manage ever-increasing OS complexity and minimizes legacy dependence. Our vision is a microkernel technology that can be and is used advantageously for constructing any general or customized operating system including pervasive systems, deep-computing systems, and huge servers.
- The technology should help to manage ever-increasing OS complexity, enable stepwise innovations in OS technology while preserving legacy compatibility, and lead to a widely-accepted foundation of system architecture.
Most stores sell a variety of things, and aren't necessarily focused on computer-related things.
Misc [[computers |computer]]-related cleanup.
moved the comedy bits into [[Computer comedy]]
Added a few straggling links; let's see how many of them are broken.