2015-05-15 - No bootloader installation magic.
2015-05-15 - 7.9.3 64bit ∞
- Trying UNetbootin/Windows
- Got a plain UNetbootin bootloader.
- Tried "Default"
- Custom font, but low resolution textmode
- This is not a LiveUSB - This is an installer. =/
- Good hints for setup / installation!
I got a fatal error during install. I may have a bad liveUSB prep or some such.
- Trying UNetbootin/Windows
- This time I unmounted before rebooting Windows.
- This time I removed/re-inserted the USB stick during the reboot.
- A simple UNetbootin boot loader
- NO way to get back to that instructional pre-logon text!
- Simple, excellent installation process
- I didn't make a USB boot stick.
- A LILO bootloader install. I had it ask for the vesa mode on bootup
- MBR install - I hope this goes to sdc, because there's no indication it knows what to do.
- The same old LILO installer error...
- Went back into configure to make a USB boot stick. Had to go through the font stuff to get to it, then afterwards I hd to hold ESCAPE to avoid all the rest of the installation bullshit. Bad installer.
- Rebooting to the USB stick didn't work.
- Rebooting into the HDD didn't work.
Rebooting into the install USB stick and selecting "Detect/boot any installed operating system" did not work. That just boots into the same thing as "Default" - the installer.
I'm not going to even investigate this distribution, because it has no website. I need a proper introduction detailing its features and philosophies, with installation instructions.
2015-05-11 update - I took a closer look. Muddling around a forum really does suck. I learned that this distro uses XFCE, which I don't want, and it uses GTK applications, which I don't want. I think I'm better off looking elsewhere.
2009-04-19 - 6.0 (on VirtualBox) ∞
VirtualBox 2.2.0 r45846
- Using it's auto-magical auto-install.
- Oh man, it's even slower to install on VirtualBox. Boo...
- Nice LILO boot menu.
- Has some agreements. Very nicely done and unobtrusive.
afterwards, VirtualBox closed without error, and is listed as "Aborted". Zenwalk cannot be used with VirtualBox. This is a known bug.
2009-04-15 - 6.0 ∞
- It saw my swaps, but VectorLinux didn't. Odd, since both are Slackware.
- No package selection, it just goes.
- Insanely slow install. But that's Slackware for ya.
I formatted as xfs for this one. That was the default recommendation. On bootup, I got
VFS: Can't find ext3 filesystem on sda1. etc etc, and then it fails to find its partitions. FAIL.
I should have just reinstalled as ext3, but again I thought that some other distro would work.
2007-03-30 - ZenLive 4.2 ∞
Based on Slackware (minislack, from back in the day)
Uses the Xfce window manager.
root password: ZenLive
login: one (no password)
- It doesn't figure out my video settings by default.
- Dead space at the bottom of the screen, because of the panel placement.
control-escapedoes the right thing!
On my second try, some time later, it wouldn't load X.