- IRC channel: #devuan on freenode.net
- https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/devuan-announce (broken?)
- 2017-07-07 - Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386-DVD
- 2017-07-02 - jessie_1.0.0_i386_desktop-live
- 2017-06-00 -- I did a dist-upgrade, and while it works it's a bit busted. It seems to require systemd for me.
- 2016-11-29 - 1.0.0-beta using it now.
- 2016-11-07 -- Oh, it's real now!
2015-05-11 -- I'm not really interested in this. The project has not really started.
2017-07-07 - Devuan-1.0.0-jessie-i386-DVD ∞
I installed MATE.
(notes coming soon)
2017-07-02 - jessie_1.0.0_i386_desktop-live ∞
- The default screen is nice
- Startup freezes on the initial initrd line, but is otherwise fast enough.
Needs lvm2 by default.
apt-get install lvm2
- Fucking thunar. Why do people use shit like this?
The desktop uses the top-bar bottom-dock nonsense. Idiots.
2016-11-29 - 1.0.0-beta ∞
A new version came out on the day I finally got everything up and running.. =/ Here's hoping it's happy as a rolling-release.
The guided encrypted LVM - when it overwrites with random data, the text is cut off.
- Can I urandom, after the fact, into a file within the LVM/encrypted LV?
TODO? - Resize the partition using GParted Live?
- Then resize the LVM
- Then make another partition outside of the LVM, accessible by Windows?
Is there an offline installer ISO?
- Well since packages are cached, I could copy them to make them available offline.
- TODO - resurrect my offline updating project and share it.
Attempting to semi-manually set things up so I could have a leftover partition for Windows would not work..
One setup asked me for a kernel, what's the right choice?
linux-image-686-pawseems okay, I guess.
initrd is asking for either the generic or targeted initrd. I chose targeted.
2016-11-07 - devuan_jessie_1.0.0-beta_i386_CD ∞
They're using the earlier kernel 3.16.7, so perhaps my freezing issues (which may or may not have to do with the kernel version) will not exist for Devuan.
- TODO - https://git.devuan.org/users/sign_in
- TODO - https://files.devuan.org/?ref=/os/download
I don't know that the main thing will be appropriate, so I'll check out distributions based on it..
Distributions based on Devuan ∞
- 2017-06-30 - Still alpha
- May require its own packages channel.
Has no community? No forum or mailing list that I can see.
- Openbox, xfce, MATE
- "Created to showcase Devuan", I'm not sure if this is a "real" distro.
- No real website
https://sourceforge.net/p/nelum-dev1/discussion/ is a ghost town.