Artificial signals are detected in our solar system, and a single astronaut is sent to investigate.
A humble but successful movie; worth a watch.
The more I examine its architecture,
the more evidence I find that the universe
in some sense must have known
we were coming.
-- Freeman Dyson
- 0:45 -- This is speaking of the Drake equation. See The Drake Equation is bullshit.
- 11:00 -- Their nerd-guy is inappropriate and should have been excluded from all expression. That's a terrible actor and/or a terrible character with bad writing.
- 15:30 -- Wow, this movie really gets to the point..
- 24:45 -- "It's for morale, Commander".. I had to get subtitles to understand this. Also, that's a female voice. Also also, fuck the peppy attitude; that's distracting and this is important.
- 26:00 -- VTOL
- 30:15 -- I've been wondering about all sorts of characteristics like sinkholes on the ground, brittle shorelines, the slope of the shorelines, etc. The signal could be under a brittle covering.
- 32:00 -- He didn't get there with any tools; good thing it could be picked up by hand.
- 33:30 -- Did he just expose that t.. did he just take off his helmet in front of it? Maybe he'll lick it.
- 37:30 -- NASA is required to make everything public domain. Ties to national defense have not been established, but I'd assume that's a layer of bureaucracy.
- 51:00 -- I wondered about that separate lander AI. Will it be needed as a backup/replacement?
58:00 -- At 8% of Earth's gravity, he'd be bouncing all over the place and struggling to stay on the ground.
- The Moon is 1/6th of Earth's gravity, and we've seen videos of people on there.
- 1:01:00 -- Why wouldn't it be in a bundle attached to his suit.
- 1:01:30 -- I thought she was supposed to be peppy and upbeat, and "I told you so" is neither of those things.
- 1:02:30 -- That rush was not displayed well.
- 1:11:30 -- Will he repair his suit soon?
- 1:23:45 -- Handling that thing with his bare hands is stupid. He's also brought it up to room temperature, and the atmosphere that's in that tube has not been addressed.
- 1:24:30 -- Have the orbs been cleaned somehow?
- 1:26:45 -- I thought it was operating at a lower capacity than 65%..
- 1:29:15 -- Or a "moment in time" would be the measurable distance between the peak and trough of a photon in a vacuum not exposed to gravity.
1:31:45 -- Oort cloud
- For "dark body", see dark galaxy.
We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time.
-- T.S. Eliot
- 1:40:30 -- This has a list of Kickstarter backers.
- 1:40:45 -- "No extraterrestrial organisms were harmed during the filming of this motion picture."
- I found it's Kickstarter project.