Though World of Warcraft 7.0 has not hit, there is official commentary on things which might be expected.
FIXME - link an archive: us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/19941175
- Alliance and Horde are still arbitrarily at war.
I'm excited about the Discipline Priest changes.
- I'm worried about dungeon healing.
The transmog concept sounds fucking amazing.
- I hope it's account-bound, but I doubt that'll happen. This will free up so much bag space.
- I hope all my previously-completed quests are considered, but Blizzard has a shit track record for such things. I'm still pissed off that I wasn't compensated for my duplicates, triplicates and quadruplicates for heirloom gear.
- I really hope it's not some dumbass Diablo 3 - (2012 game)-esque system which begins with gear from that expansion. That would be a major letdown.
Class-locations are an interesting idea, and a shift away from player housing (garrisons) to something moderate.
- This still takes players away from major cities.
- I'd bet that players from either faction still cannot communicate. Lame. I guess this is just like the death knight area.
- Putting PvP into its own corner is a big step in allowing PvE to be "unbalanced" to promote uniqueness.
- The legendary concept is dumb. Called it.
- So now inviting hunters can't make the assumption that they're ranged. Whenever a hunter wants to get into a raid, they'll have to specifically state if they're melee or ranged. I wonder how many hunters will be expected to switch to range. Besides, melee raid boss fights fucking suck.
Oh, demon hunters. Yawn.
- Double-jumping. Yawn. These could have just been created as one of the rogue specs. Fuck the heroic class, and fuck its unique starting quest line. Those resources could have been better spent elsewhere.
An eleventh character slot. Why even have a limit? Maybe ask for a one-time payment for additional slots.
- There will presumably still be a 50 character limit per account.