A documentary that follows Jack Charles for seven years.
A thoughtful movie that focuses more on his fallen-lifestyle than his rise, success, fall and recovery. Though it was not its intention to, I find this movie reveals a lot about how fallen men are treated. No respect, no concern, no support. Acting out and desperation are treated as crimes, not cries.
- Jack Charles, aka Jackie Charles.
- "Bastardy" is illegitimacy.
- Jack Charles on IMDB
While Jack is notable, and Bastardy won the 2009 AFI Award for Best Feature-Length Documentary, this film has no Wikipedia entry. I feel that says a lot.
There are a lot of clips of movies he was in, which I did not track down.
- 3:15 -- Is smoking in an elevator a thing there?
- 4:15 -- That's heroin.
- 5:30 -- Actually yes, he does appear different from his normal self.
- 7:20 -- Men have so few shelters. Thanks, feminism.
- 10:30 -- Acting the fool.
- 11:30 -- Black Theatre (Sydney)
- 13:20 -- "Heavy heart". Apparently heroin has a link to heart disease.
- 15:00 -- I was unable to find info on that song. Maybe there is a note in the credits.
- 20:45 -- $20k in a cutlery drawer? Eesh.
- 22:00 -- No arson or rape.
- 29:30 -- Obviously stoned.
- 31:20 -- .. for the criminally insane. Where he was raped. He was beaten so bad his brain got fucked up. Men get treated like shit.
- 32:30 -- I was unable to find info on that song. Maybe there is a note in the credits.
- 39:00 -- Hey thanks for working for us, back to the streets with you.
- 46:30 -- Harry Harlow did some very controversial studies on rhesus macaque to examine social and cognitive development.
- 48:10 -- He had a gay relationship, during his successful acting days, but without sex. It seems they broke up, because Jack was an asshole.
- He's been raped in a boy's home.
- 52:00 -- This is his first winter indoors in a long while.
- 1:01:00 -- 18 counts of burglary.
- 1:03:00 -- .. a conviction would lead to prison for 10+ years.
- 1:03:30 -- Burgling for over 30 years.
- 1:05:00 -- Methadone
- 1:07:30 -- He got two years.
- 1:09:30 -- A "whack" must be a reference to Heroine.
- 1:13:10 -- 60 years old.
- Oh, he's older now.