Some sort of time machine thing is discovered by an idiot and time machiney things happen because of paradoxes and a murder spree of intrigues and stuff.
I don't think I paid close enough attention to understand what the fuck was going on. It wasn't bad as such, but it was distractingly-overdubbed Kiwi-ese. Everything about it was fair, except for bits of the plot not grabbing me, and the speaking. The speaking thing is kind of important for me.
- 0:50 -- Mitsubishi Motors
- 2:50 -- "160 d.b. eden"(?)
- 4:10 -- Oh, decibel.
- 4:25 -- Whoa, this is overdubbed from English to .. occasionally-indecipherable Australian English?
- Some guy? Disappearing guy? Not alarming at all.
- 6:30 -- Is she an anti-agent?
- 6:40 -- "Well alright, sex for me tonight!" .. haha
- 8:50 -- See, there's this solution when two people haven't had sex in a while and want to have sex. It's called sex.
- 9:55 -- It's not working out? Is that why she's being all romantic? Is she getting him drunk to sabotage his work?
- 11:20 -- Intangibility
- 11:35 -- She's clumsy enough to fall over, but has ninja reflexes for fighting?
- 13:50 -- I don't understand this woman.
- 15:50 -- Never feed chicken to a cat. Chicken bones splinter in nasty ways. Or is that a dog? I think it's a dog. Well fuck dogs, feed them chocolate-dipped chicken bones.
- 16:45 -- I wouldn't assume the portal is permanent.
- 18:05 -- They're not in the UK, since they have guns. So is this Australia? Maybe New Zealand?
- 20:00 -- Seat belt
- 20:20 -- Report in? He's bleeding. That would be one of those emergency things that hospitals deal with.
- 21:25 -- Didn't the cop see the bad guy cross over earlier?
- 25:50 -- That guy really is an idiot. The thing about work is that.. you can't just stop and go with someone.
- 26:45 -- She had broken up with him, but he's going to be rich and famous so... she didn't really break up with him.
- 30:00 -- A guy giving up a reward shouldn't be met with any hostility. The guard could have claimed he brought him in and collect it himself. Or falsify things and take the money himself.
31:30 -- Oh! It's Wellington, South Australia?
- 42:15 -- What the fuck.
- 58:10 -- Cats don't run away when food is being prepared.
- 58:30 -- Given time and the knowledge of my impending death. Given 23 years I'd be quite the expert.
- 59:10 -- 22 years of self-defence training and she's incompetent. Maybe she should have just gotten a dog.
- 1:03:25 -- Run while the entirely untrained dude fights for you? Seriously, 22 years gets some damned good training, even for a complete numpty beginner.
- 1:07:15 -- Hehe, keeped it a secret.
1:07:55 -- Oh hehe hehe hehehehe.. bank robbery!
And now I notice that the image says "The Kiwi Sci-Fi Phenomenon".. so it's New Zealand?
Half of this movie hinges upon technology whose discovery isn't explained, and a strangely-obsessed cop. If the bad guy had killed the cop's family or something, that would really go a long way to convincing me of his pursuit.