A twelve year old kid is kidnapped by an alien research drone, who experiments on him by stuffing him full of knowledge, and although his brain ends up "leaking", he is the drone's only chance to get back home after hitting some power lines and getting shocked.
Though there aren't many kid-friendly science fiction movies out there, this is easily the best among them. Even ignoring its "present day" time, it's beginning to show its age. The fact that its "present day" is 1986 will inevitably be its biggest hurdle to accessibility to today's young. This movie is definitely worth a remake every fifteen years or less.
- 1:00 -- Flying disc, Disc dog
- Oh boy, this immediately gets into the terribad old music.
- Now the Frisbee Dog World Championship
- 3:45 -- "I'm gonna teach you real hard." .. (cough)
- 4:15 -- Blimp
- 5:00 -- Are those kids from different marriages?
- 6:15 -- Creeping on the lady.
- 6:30 -- Creeping on the lady.
- 7:30 -- Casual bad parenting that only the late 70s could have. Sending a 12 year old out at night to fetch an 8 year old.
- 8:00 -- "Macho Man" Randy Savage debuted in 1973, so this is actually accurate for 1978.
- 9:30 -- He was sent without so much as a flashlight.
- 14:00 -- Jimmy Carter
- 15:00 -- Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
- 16:00 -- NASA
- 17:00 -- I recognize that actor (with the glasses) from all over the place.
- 20:00 -- 1986
26:00 -- Alpha waves
- 26:30 -- This is where the movie definitely shows age, although a sort of retro thing makes some sense here, since they did describe the date.
- 30:30 -- R.A.L.F. - Robotic Assistant Labor Facilitator
- 36:00 -- Faster-than-light
- 37:00 -- Vector (mathematics and physics), Star chart
- 55:15 -- No, we don't use 10% of our human brain.
- 57:30 -- Trinaxion Drone Ship
1:05:00 -- "Scotty to bridge" is from Star Trek (1966-1969 tv show)
- The "warmer, red hot" thing is a game, whose name I can't find.
1:09:41 -- That song sounds like Talking Heads, but the lyrics are a garbled mess that I can't make out.
- Oh, and Twisted Sister was mentioned earlier.
- 1:11:15 -- I Get Around (1964-05 song), by The Beach Boys
- 1:15:30 -- "Phone home" is from E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (1982)
- 1:16:30 -- Miami Beach, Florida, United States
- 1:25:00 -- "I love you too" (push) (splash)
1:26:00 -- "See ya later, navigata!" (See you later, navigator) is a play on "See you later, alligator!"