See also World of Warcraft pre-7.0, character notes, which has additional information relevant to this page's topic.
Wowhead resources ∞
- Hundreds of new talents are coming out.
- Expanded unique effects, like class-based, role-based, or spec-based.
Duplicate personal loot can be traded.
Legendary weapon ∞
First thing is that active traits are unlocked, and put on your bar to unleash power against your enemies.
- e.g. in Deadwind Harvester, you release the souls onto a target.
The moment you have it in your hands, you'll feel different in combat.
- e.g. The souls in the Scythe are restless! They escape and you can reap those souls.
- For each active trait you make choices, i.e. more crit, etc. These have ranks.
- Traits can modify or add things to your spells.
Relics are powerful enhancements
- Can be socketed into your Artifacts and give you bonus ranks into the traits that have ranks.
- More burst aoe, more survivability, etc.
- Over time will be able to give ranks to previously rankless traits.
- Can you respec your weapon?
Will there be "sets"?
- If different selections lean on AoE versus single-target, crit versus haste, etc, then doesn't this mean certain people will end up being better than others in some situations?
Transmogrification system ∞
I don't know if the transmog mount will be able to do all of the new stuff.
Items are unlocked into a Diablo 2-style system.
- For every quest already completed, every quest reward will be unlocked, even the ones you didn't choose as a reward.
- What about non-set raid drops?
- What about crafted items?
- As soon as an item is bound to you, its appearance is unlocked into your collection.
- Once you unlock it you can toss it, disenchant it.
- Transmog is account wide.
- Added "outfits" for transmog items.
Can save different outfits per spec
- So fucking what.
- Can hide shoulders
"Hidden" slots are now saved per outfit.
- That's shoulders, helm, cloak
- This eliminates an addon / TODO - one of tekkub's
New transmoggable slots - Weapon Enchants, Shirts, and Tabards.
- So weapon enchants won't need a garrison.
- Will tabards go into a transmog collection too?