This document will continue to collect notes as I bump into additional information.
These are notes directly related to your choice of character irrespective of your race/class choice.
"Superpowers" based on trade skills are not known, if they will still exist.
- Recipe world drops.
Quests related to tradeskills.
Mining and Herb nodes are shared in Legion.
- But only Legion nodes?
Crafted items will significant, so making them will be important for min-maxers.
- "Superpowers" based on a trade skill are not known, so perhaps crafting can be relegated to alts.
- Crafted items continue to have an upgrade feature.
Engineering helm: Fire a bullet from your head at the current target
- What. What? So it continues to be pointless.
Crafted items are meant to feel unique. Some items have class-specific procs or effects.
- e.g. a jewelcrafting neck that increases run speed by 15% while enraged.
- Darkmoon Cards remain.
Major glyphs are removed, but minor glyphs "remain".
- Minor Glyphs are a consumable applied directly to the spell.
- 1 Glyph per spell, but you can glyph as many spells as you want.
- Archaeology: Months long journey through the world to create more usable items.
- Tradeskills and tradeskill upgrades are found in the world.
- Class-specific quests.
- "Relics" for upgrading one's legendary weapon are found in the world.
2 and 3-star recipe world drops
- These make you more efficient at making what you already know how to make. (e.g. mass milling)
- Rare items drop anywhere in the world.
World drops are now Legendary.
- Another note said "World drop items can be legendary." (emphasis mine)
- I don't understand what this means: "i.e. the dot can do it's entire effect left on each dot."
Every item that drops can scale up to the best item in the game but the best way to get gear is still through the most difficult content.