- Greasemonkey and Stylish
Do not use wips.com extensions! ∞
I'd check their code out if I cared enough.
To check out sooner ∞
Saved Password Editor is fucking wonderful.
- Scrapbook functionality
- Firefox Environment Backup Extension
- Compact Library Extension Organizer
- Import/Export extension preferences
- Isn't this better as a Greasemonkey script?
- Isn't this already done automatically?
- Could replace an existing extension
- Could replace an existing extension
- May be obsoleted by an already-used addon
To check out later ∞
- GUI prototyping
- Get a newer version at https://code.google.com/p/evoluspencil/downloads/list
- Open IT Online allows you to open documents and images online without the need of any software to be installed. It supports Google Docs, Zoho, View Docs Online, Vuzit to edit/view documents and Snipshot, Pixlr, Sumo Paint, etc. to edit/view images.
- I was using a GreaseMonkey script
- Is there a point to it anymore? It's being actively maintained..
- UnMHT allows you to view MHT (MHTML) web archive format files, and save complete web pages, including text and graphics, into a single MHT file in Firefox/SeaMonkey.
- I've used it before, just stashing the link here.. give it a home/review or some such.
- An old note of mine said: would need to be updated to fix its caching issue
- Check out minit - tab scroll
Stuff which is here for reference, but which I don't need to use.
2010-05-12 and earlier - Nice, but not for me ∞
www.customizegoogle.com - Customize Google
- Customize the various google services. VERY cool.
- http://www.customizegoogle.com/dev/customizegoogle-0.77.en-US.BETA2.xpi As of 2009-04-18 many problems are fixed in the beta but not released yet.
Some things are handled better by Better Gmail 2
I stopped using the webmail version of GMail.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/4125 It's All Text!
- Adds an edit button.
- 1.3.1 isn't compatible with Firefox 3.5, but it works when forced.
This isn't something I particularly care about.
- Sites which have no favicon are given a simple coloured box.
Works, but I don't care about this functionality.
http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_treestyletab.html.en Tree Style Tab
- Moves the top tabs to the left. Great for a wide screen!
Meh, I still like the tabs at the top.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/pages/collector Add-on Collector
Doesn't work as expected, it misses some of my add-ons, presumably because they're not official. Why bother..
Firefox 3.5 - Not tested ∞
Would be good if I needed pattern-matching for my proxy settings.
Firefox 3 - Tested Extensions ∞
http://www.visibotech.com/toomanytabs/ Too Many Tabs
Nice idea, but I find it rather clumsy.
- An Ad-blocker. It positions itself to automate its usage, and to replace AdBlock Plus.
Freezes my browser. Would be fantastic if it worked.
http://javimoya.com/blog/youtube_en.php -- Download helper, for those sites which wrap things in flash.
Obsoleted by Video DownloadHelper.
Firefox2 - Tested Extensions ∞
FireFTP -- It seems to just suck. Sigh.
Because https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=252371 bug 252371 (incremental find/search in page does not find/highlight text in textarea/form/edit/text entry boxes) has not been fixed, the http://s93731204.onlinehome.us/firefox/retrofind.html Retro Find, which reverts the find bar in Firefox to its original find dialog, is especially useful.
- http://www.legege.com/en/mozilla/searchwp -- Another extension which is a great solution.
- The searchtextarea bookmarket allows search/replace though.
fixed in firefox 2. But search/replace would be nice. =/
http://www.hacksrus.com/~ginda/chatzilla/ ChatZilla - IRC Client
http://gorgias.de/mfe/ Focus Last Selected Tab (FLST)
http://dmextension.mozdev.org/ DMextension -- A fix so the download manager looks and acts properly. Sigh.
http://subfiles.net/webcow/ Firecow - Webcow -- Download helper.
http://piro.sakura.ne.jp/xul/_popupalt.html.en Popup ALT Attributes
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/#tbx Toolbar Enhancements -- A whole package of amazing features.
- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=47184&postdays=0&postorder=asc&postsperpage=15&start=810 thread on its use.
- Trying the light version. Some version of it is now included in PCLinuxOS' Firefox. It rocks.
- https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/2324/ -- an alternate extension
obsolete by firefox 2
- This extension removes that bloody popup alert, and gives you a clean inline notice with a retry link. Your failed url is still left in the location bar. Everything as it should be.
- Unfortunately the retry link is fugly.
- not supported for anything over 1.0 .. apparently the author has disowned it too, because it's not listed on his home page: http://www.pikey.me.uk/mozilla/
reportedly obsolete. Maybe this is true, because I don't see a user.js .. hrm.
- Old notes:
- http://gorgias.de/mfe/ Add Bookmark Here
- http://cgi29.plala.or.jp/~mozzarel/ Bookmark Synchronizer - FTP synchronizes. Ooh, could be neat.
- http://cgi29.plala.or.jp/~mozzarel/ Bookmark links checker
- http://cdn.mozdev.org/ ChromEdit - Provides a means of editing the user files, i.e. userChrome.css, userContent.css, user.js without the need to find the profile directory.
- http://cdn.mozdev.org/compact/ Compact Menu
- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=77104 Context Highlight
- http://cookieculler.mozdev.org/ Cookie Culler - Cookie Culler is a modified Cookie Manager which allows you to protect cookies you want to keep and quickly delete the rest.
- http://diggler.mozdev.org/ Diggler - Adds a 'clear' button for the location bar, also has other functions.
- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=61134 Disable Targets For Downloads - Ensures that when downloading a file, no new blank page will be generated.
- http://dmextension.mozdev.org/ Download Manager Tweak - A modification of the Firefox download manager that improves its appearance and allows it to be opened in a separate window, a new tab, or the sidebar.
- http://downloadstatusbar.mozdev.org/eznav/ EZNav - of note: iddle-click on the back and forward buttons to decrement or increment numbered URLs. (Similar to the Next/Prev Image extension.)
- http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=73916 Find Statusbar - adds a status-bar to the Find dialog. The main advantage to this is that you are no longer interrupted with that intrusive prompt if your search string is not found.
- http://jumplink.mozdev.org/ Jumplink - Allows you to skip through redirect links and jump directly to the target link. This is especially useful within Hotmail messages where all links are opened in a frame displaying at the top the useless "Close this window to return to Hotmail", but it will work with other links that make you jump through unnecessary hoops.
- http://gemal.dk/mozilla/launchy.html Launchy for windows - Enables you to open links and mailto's with external applications.
- http://optimoz.mozdev.org/gestures/ Mouse Gestures
- http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-SanJose/9076/offline/index.en.html OfflineFB - Ability to set FB offline
- http://preferential.mozdev.org/ Preferential - Aims to provide all users of Gecko browsers (eg. Mozilla, Firefox) with a simple, accessible GUI that allows the modification of any preference set within that browser environment.
- http://prismicspiral.com/scribe/ Scribe - Adds Word Processor like functionality to web forms, including opening and saving form entries as files.
- http://searchsidebar.mozdev.org/ Search Sidebar
- http://mozilla.durys.net/textplain/ text/plain - Treats selected plain text urls, and email addresses as links and adds options to the context menu on how to use these.
http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/clav/ Toolbar Enhancements - Of note, allows the creation of preference buttons on the toolbar (competes with a previous extension entry here)