TODO - move bookmarked "to consider" addons here
TODO - make pages for anything I review.
Are they extensions? Are they addons? I don't know!
All of this is accurate as of 25.4.1 (x64). Since Pale Moon is a live project, these notes will be kept up-to-date. You may assume that the latest version of these extensions will continue to work with the latest version of Pale Moon.
Get to the extensions page with Tools > Addons
These also apply to Pale Moon:
Copying extensions from Firefox ∞
While this is possible, I do not recommend it.
To do it, you would copy the contents of your
extensions/ folder to Pale Moon.
Copying extension preferences from Firefox ∞
This is completely unknown.
As of Firefox 38.0 and Pale Moon 25.4.1 (x64), extension information is a complete clusterfuck. It's spilled into the profile. An extension's information should be sandboxed into a specific directory in
It's probably best to install these all in one go, restart Pale Moon, then go through the list and configure them one-by-one.
When first installing an extension, it gives a "You can access" sync message underneath. Press the 'x'.
Before installing extensions, I recommend about:config security.dialog_enable_delay;0
Misc extensions with no configuration ∞
- Block ads based on a simple rule set. Meant to be very light weight.
- Note that is has no blacklist or whitelist.
Just Disable Stuff [ 1 ] was addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addon/517080
- Does not appear in the private browsing window. Use it in the regular browsing window and it will also influence private browsing.
Misc extensions which don't need configuration ∞
- When I first tried some time ago, I could not install the beta version. I copied it from Firefox.
- Moves Edit > Preferences to Tools > Options, where it belongs.
TODO - Other extensions to consider ∞
TODO - also note their Firefox extension IDs.
[ + ]