Newly-developed military nano-technology is stolen by terrorists in a plot to take over the world, and only a super-elite team chosen from the international best can stop them.
This movie is another example of both an astonishingly wide gap between its original audience and current audience, and a needless unimagination in original movie universe-building authorship.
- Properly titled G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra
- Based on the G.I. Joe toy / cartoon franchise.
In association with Hasbro.
- 1:00 -- France 1641
- 2:30 -- I get it, but wouldn't his eyes sear off?
- 2:45 -- In the not too distant future...
- 3:00 -- Nanomites (nanites). See Nanorobotics.
- 5:00 -- This movie gets to the fucking point. I like that.
- British Accent (British English), Morocco
- 14:00 -- "Lifelike hair" and "Kung Fu grip" are references to action figures. Completely unnecessary and jarring references.
- 16:45 -- "Knowing is half the battle" is the slogan for the G.I. Joe cartoon.
- 18:15 -- Black ninja looks incredibly stupid.
- 20:00 -- American politics - book, the bill of rights. See United States Bill of Rights. I was too lazy to track down that particular book.
- 20:45 -- King cobra
- 27:00 -- "A real American hero" is another line from the cartoon.
- 27:45 -- I love her little "look at my resources" moment.
- 29:15 -- How much ammo does it have?
- 32:15 -- See Aufbau principle. I was too lazy to track down that particular book.
- 32:45 -- .. except emotion does exist and can be quantified.
- 35:00 -- He was slashed but didn't bleed..
- 39:15 -- Grenades don't explode when shot, do they?
- 40:15 -- That's an automatic shotgun with a barrel clip.
- 43:30 -- The doodle on the right-hand side doesn't look like writing.
- 45:30 -- CNN
- 45:45 -- French people
- 49:00 -- Dubble Bubble bubblegum.
- 56:15 -- Oh god that ram prow looked awful.
- 57:15 -- Eiffel Tower
- 1:03:15 -- So did that office worker not hear the gunfire?
- 1:03:30 -- I guess none of them did either.
- 1:07:15 -- Couldn't they still be watching?
- 1:07:45 -- Was that a CNN truck? Convenient.
- 1:11:45 -- Spherical trigonometry
- 1:20:00 -- Miami United States
- 1:34:30 -- Uh, wasn't he the guy who was so confident about their plan to use them and not needing demands.
1:46:15 -- A shit ending.